Manager, Advisory Data
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2V9
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 182600
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Leads and oversees GBM Data Office, Global Banking and Markets, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
Contributes to the overall success of the Data Office in ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the Bank’s Data Strategy. Works with Data Producers and Consumers to onboard new reusable datasets and implement, and monitor compliance against industry leading data governance practices and data management capabilities, in alignment with enterprise strategic priorities, business line priorities and regulatory requirements
- Collaborates with internal business and technology partners to on-board new datasets and to consume datasets from the GBM Data Platform.
- Serves as an Onboarding Subject Matter Expert, directly contributing to the success of our partner’s priority business projects.
- Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Support and ensure that our partners adhere to the Data Policy and Data Standards as it relates to the onboarding of new datasets for consumption.
- Manages the end-to-end GBM Data Platform (Streaming and Batch Channels) Intake process on all new initiatives initiated by data producers and data consumers.
- Ensure that required metadata is captured for each intake including the use case definitions for each consumer.
- Work on audit and regulatory requests as required.
- Collaborates with the data modelling team, IT development team and Enterprise Data Governance teams for successful capture and implementation of various data governance activities including metadata management, Source to Target Mapping, Asset Class Mapping, Scotia Sensitivity Data Element, Privacy Impact Assessment, etc.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the existing intake process on the streaming channel of the data platform, identifies gaps to solve complex data issues.
- Manages the documentation and maintenance of the Service Level Agreements and Data Sharing Agreement for the producers and consumers of the GBM Data Platform.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring the Data Access Controls.
- Responsible for reporting data platform metrics to senior management
- Responsible for monitoring the status of data intake project from the JIRA system, improving and automating the status report for senior management
- Engages and consults with stakeholders across the entire life cycle of data publishing (IST->UAT>PROD>Monitoring).
- Arrange and conduct meetings and review on-boarding requirements with front, middle and back-office source system subject matter experts to ensure data management and lineage is recorded in the Data Governance Repository. An understanding of the Data Governance Repository will be required to support this work.
- Planning skills to contribute and shape the required project plan to meet the needs of the consumers and project timelines based on the consumer’s requirements and anticipated steps to acquire data.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of data management processes and best practices
- Proven delivery experience, Agile experience an asset
- Knowledge of Scotiabank’s operations to understand and lead the implementation of strategic initiatives across a number of disciplines preferred
- University Degree in Finance / Computer Science / Business / Mathematics
- Proven data analytic skills using tools like Power BI / SQL / Python / Postman / ElasticSearch
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
- Proven ability to learn business products and processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
- Three to five years of similar experience in a financial banking environment within the data governance discipline.
- Experience with different data structures e.g. AVRO, JSON, and querying tools and techniques
- Project Management experience is an asset
- Must be results-oriented, and self-driven.
- Nice to have a general understanding of Capital Market products
- Nice to have experience with Atlassian tools, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely to convey a message
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.