Manager, Accounting & Reporting (Temporary)
City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Finance
Employer : The Bay
What This Position Is All About:
The temporary Manager, Accounting & Reporting, supports the SFA / O5/ US Shared Services accounting and finance processes to ensure monthly/quarterly/annual functions are accurately completed and on time within company policy. This is a senior accounting role, and the incumbent will be responsible for handling more complex accounting transactions and reconciliations to provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and to the offshore accounting team
Who You Are:
General Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Play an active role in managing the month-end, quarter-end and year end close processes of the SFA/O5/US Shared Services accounting within the General Accounting Group.
- Provide guidance and oversight to offshore team on all queries relating to the preparation, review, posting and uploading of journal entries into the GL (Oracle and Fusion)
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external financial reporting requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Perform and review variance analysis on key balance sheet accounts after month-end, quarter-end and year-end close.
- Collaborate with other Accounting and Finance leaders to design and operate an efficient and effective period- end close process with an overall focus on continuous improvements.
- Manage the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and yearly reconciliations for specific balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with maintenance of Common Chart of Accounts (CCOA) and HFM mapping
- Prepare quarterly impairment review analysis, oversee severance accounting, and related forecasted cash flow projections.
- Manage the intercompany balancing process for all US banners.
Gift Cards and Rewards & Loyalty Accounting
- Assist with the financial close processes for Gift Cards, Loyalty, Reward accounting for each month-end, quarter-end and year-end.
- Conduct and review monthly, quarterly and yearly reconciliations of all Gift Cards, Loyalty and Reward set of accounts
- Preparation and review of Partner (AMEX, Blackhawk, Incomm, Buyatab) invoices and remittances on time (ensuring compliance with contractual payment terms)
- Ensure compliance with related controls and processes and following Internal Controls in area of responsibility.
- Identify and recommend improvements to internal processes and procedures
- Effectively communicate and respond to Partner/RM requests in a professional manner and on a timely basis
- Work with a team of onshore and offshore accounting staff with the view to increasing efficiency in the month-end close processes and non-month end processes.
- Work on special system related projects based on departmental and company/business needs, including system upgrades and other ad-hoc requests.
Internal/External Audit and Tax
- Timely and effectively, liaise with Internal and External Auditors during quarterly and year-end audits.
- Provide the required information needed by the Corporate Tax department in timely manner and with accuracy.
- 4 to 5 years accounting experience in a progressive organization with a focus on public companies/large private companies
- Knowledge of US GAAP is considered an asset
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion and Fusion is considered an asset
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office & Google products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google sheets)
- Professional accounting designation CPA
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize many tasks and responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude
- Cooperative and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to initiate action to accomplish an objective and goals; be proactive
- Ability to analyze issues with limited direction and present recommendations to management
- Ability to motivate a team member when working under pressure and within tight timelines
Your Life and Career at SFA:
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with SFA. We look forward to reviewing your application.
SFA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SFA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SFA welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
SFA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.