Manager, 3D Apparel Design (12 month contract)
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Product Development
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning in apparel, accessories, and footwear. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers. With more than 350 Joe Fresh departments from coast to coast, the Joe fresh network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness, and inclusivity. We are looking for innovative, hardworking, and collaborative team members for our Joe Fresh team. Join our team in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
The Joe Fresh Business Transformation team leads the implementation and continuous improvement of transformational processes and technologies, while ensuring colleagues are setup for success and supported through change. The role of the Manager, 3D Apparel Design will be responsible for developing high quality 3D assets for use both internally and externally, and embedding 3D best practices throughout the organization.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
You will use your expertise in 3D Design software, along with other key technologies, to support the development and enhancement of 3D assets. Including but not limited to: rendering 3D assets, applying advanced materials techniques, adjusting patterns, creating lighting environments, developing 3D video and other adaptations as required.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
You will work on enhancing 3D assets and contribute to developing best practices. Working alongside Designers and Technical Designers, you will support the teams in the end-to-end 3D process and training. You will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) when working with cross-functional stakeholders and colleagues, software providers, and vendor communities. You will champion continuous improvement, innovations and on-going 3D benefits.
- Support the Design and Technical Designers in building optimal assets, helping to grow their 3D skills through training support for style development and digital sampling
- Support Raw Materials in ensuring high quality and accurate fabric and trim textures are created in digital formats, physical properties are captured, and contributing to the Digital Materials Library
- Enhance and render high quality photorealistic 3D apparel assets that can be used in development and customer facing channels as required
- Apply techniques including rendering, applying lighting, advanced materials and construction support, 3D videos, and other 3D applications as required
- Explore virtual and immersive product experiences in 3D
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years of proficient experience in 3D Design Software
- Knowledge in Apparel design software and/or CLO 3D is an asset
- Diploma or Degree in Design with compulsory 3D requirements or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and use of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Substance)
- Able to provide a portfolio or reel containing examples of 3D work
- Apparel or textile industry experience with knowledge of garment construction, fabrications and colours/patterns is an asset
- Additional experience in Vizoo, xTex, Blender or similar 3D enhancing software a plus
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to explain 3D technical requirements to non-technical people
- Ability to establish and maintain strong training relationships
- Strong written skills, with the ability to convey clear and concise thoughts and ideas; comfortable presenting when needed
- Can work towards seasonal deadlines in a fast-paced retail environment
- Able to work independently, self-driven as well as comfortable working across teams and roles
- Innovative thinker and continuous improvement minded
- Excellent problem solver and positive, proven collaborator
- Business Transformation Team
- Designers and Technical Designers
- Raw Materials Team
- Loblaw Digital
- External Software and Production Vendors
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.