MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Toronto, ON, CA, M6H)
City : Toronto
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Division & Section: Office of the Controller, FST Project
Work Location: METRO HALL, 55 John Street, Toronto, ON
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Temporary, 18 months
Salary: $112,000.00-144,200.00, TM1250, WG 7.5
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Number of Positions Open:1
Posting Period: 19-SEPT-2023 to 02-OCT-20232
Join the Office of the Controller at the City of Toronto as a Management Consultant to manage and organize consulting services to senior management in the practice areas of strategy development and planning; business planning and performance reporting; business process re-engineering; organization design and restructuring; program review and alternative service delivery; program and service improvement; organization development; and, change management.
The Financial Systems Transformation Program is a multi-year financial transformation initiative, enabled by modern technologies that will meet current and future business needs. This includes standardizing finance processes, modernizing our finance service operating model, and streamlining the underlying financial platform to ensure consistent access to timely financial information in an efficient and effective system.
You will work closely with the Financial Systems Transformation Program team and the program's external System Integrator and will take on key responsibilities including business process re engineering; organization design and restructuring; program review and alternative service delivery; program and service improvement; organization development; change management, strategy development and planning; and business planning and performance reporting. Knowledge of City's accounting and purchasing processes and policies is an asset for this role.
In this temporary full-time role you will perform the following major responsibilities:
- Participate in process design workshops representing the process stream.
- Provide business perspective on the proposed future-state of the process.
- Liaise with City functional end user teams to obtain consensus on the development of functional specifications and documentation.
- Liaise with the Project Management team and other working groups to obtain approvals for any changes required to the process design in alignment with the City's goal of no SAP customization.
- Assess and recommend solutions related to the implementation of the process module.
- Communicate with and solicits information from end-users as needed.
- Review deliverable completion relating to the configuration and implementation aspects of the solution.
- Implement detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding specific process requirements.
- Provide input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Provide value-added management consulting services to the process stream.
- Provide policy analysis, formulation, coordination and advice to the project team regarding programs, services and organization at both a strategic and operational level.
- Shape and define business processes in consultation with key stakeholders, determines focus, scope, objectives, methodology and activities.
- Bring analysis and conclusions forward to the stakeholders, chair meetings and promotes systematic discussion.
- Support management in assessing and devising solutions from a pragmatic and objective perspective.
- Work in support of project steering committees and leads interdepartmental teams and working groups.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic organization design and effective management/governance systems and processes at the corporate level.
- Assist in the assessment and analysis of corporate organization effectiveness issues and conducts studies and prepare confidential reports with respect to program and service delivery changes; management policies, systems, processes and practices; management restructuring; and organization change.
- Lead and/or supports cross-departmental teams in the development and application of corporate policies; identification of a range of options for operations, policies, information systems and management practices; assessment of the implications and viability of each option; and recommends changes to support management priorities and functions and strengthens internal controls.
- Research, review and report on existing and new best practices.
- Promote organization learning and continuous improvement.
- Foster and maintain cooperative working relationships within and external to the organization; establish and maintains contact with professionals in related fields to ensure skills, knowledge and practice are current.
- Extensive experience providing consulting services to senior management in a large organization, in the practice areas of performance reporting, business process review and re engineering, program review and service improvement, and strategy development and planning.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships, develop solutions, and interact and communicate effectively with divisional and agency staff.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business process to identify options, best practices, and opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Considerable project management experience balancing a variety of stakeholder interests.
- Experience in organizational design and/or redesign from the conceptual level through to the operational implementation stage.
- An understanding of municipal service delivery models, and the City's finances.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills to deal effectively with city staff at all levels in the organization.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.