Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
You are a key member of the Guelph MAKE Leadership team, reporting to the Site Lead. Together, we actively develop strategies, programs and action plans to achieve the Guelph site’s short-term goals and long-term vision.
As a senior leader of the site, you participate in developing, formulating and administering the organization’s strategies, goals and objectives. You drive the project portfolio management processes that provide clear and accurate information for effective decision-making, to maximize value and mitigate risks. You ensure development and execution of projects and programs to
• Serve as the Guelph Leader/Facilitators on the Guelph Management Leadership Team (GuMLT).
• Coordinates development and deployment of the Site’s Goals & Objectives and G&O Matrix; defines and aligns site dashboards and scorecards.
• Leads key site programs (e.g. JJPS, JJOS, Crowdsourcing, ZBB, iGP, CIPs).
• Leads the Project Management Office, the Local Project Approval Council (LPAC) Governance process and War Room. Runs data systems and standard processes to enable prioritization, resource allocation, and project management for site portfolio in line with Site Master Plan, global and regional priorities. Support project teams with decision resolution.
• Coordinates strategic & business planning processes, in alignment with ME/PMO framework and tools (e.g. INSTANTIS and PRISM).
• Supports deployment of change management programs.
• Leads the Site Master Plan Governance process, Mission & Strategic Roadmap.
• Lead team through project planning, resource allocation and prioritization, recruitment, and budget preparation.
• Represents Site at Regional and Functional ME/PMO communities.
• Ensure talent development of direct reports through delivery of performance management processes (goal setting, development plan creation and performance reviews).
• Coordinates all site wide communication activities (G&O Workshops, Townhalls, Site Presentations to VIP Visitors).
• Lead strategic site initiatives/projects as per business needs.
New product Introduction
• Develop and execute the strategy to insource incremental manufacturing and packaging volumes for the site. Responsible for coordinating all site-level project portfolio for Volume Insourcing, New Product Introduction (NPI) & new SKU launches. It is meaningful to build effective relationships with the Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing, Customer Logistics, Planning, Quality Assurance and R&D groups in an effort to bring new products to market. Develop partnerships within the Global J&J network to craft and influence manufacturing siting decisions. Compile request for bidding documents for insourcing opportunities. Project sponsor for all volume insourcing initiatives.
Process Excellence, and Continuous Improvement
• Drives Cost Improvement Projects (CIP) projects pipeline and tracking / alert system.
• Ensures adherence to performance management cadence, execution & prepares site performance review decks for external reporting.
• Value Stream Mapping - Maps site capabilities, identifies gaps, and delivers reliability improvements.
• Lead the site Business Continuity Plan Process.
• Provides coaching & mentoring to candidates for Project Management and Six Sigma Black Belt certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Supply Chain is required.
• Masters or advanced degree is preferred.
• Process Excellence (DEx, Lean, Six Sigma) Black Belt certification is required.
• PMP and FPX SME certification is required.
Experience & Special Requirements:
• Minimum 15+ years of Manufacturing/Operations and/or Supply Chain and/or Project Management experience is required.
• A minimum of 10 years working in a Pharmaceutical/OTC direct manufacturing position is required.
• A minimum of 5 years managerial/team leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams required.
• Must have the business & financial acumen to understand strategic issues impacting the company.
• Ability to interact, motivate and lead individuals in a matrix environment, managing complexity, collaborating across boundaries and influencing without authority required.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple, concurrent priorities many needing immediate resolution.
• Broad understanding of Lean concepts is required.
• Strong communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills, self-awareness and adaptability required.
• Values diverse point of views and optimizes results through diversity.
• Results oriented with strong track record of success in delivering on objectives.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)Job Function
Operations (Generalist)Requisition ID