Major Projects Consultant, Project Risk
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Major Projects Consultant, Project Risk - ( 2300034R )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 26,000 employees in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec is seeking a Major Projects Consultant, Project Risk to join our Project Delivery group. This full-time position is based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, with flexibility for hybrid work.
Our team manages Stantec’s Project Risk Review Practice, while using data-driven insight to support various groups across all business lines throughout the pursuit and execution of Stantec’s largest and most complex engineering and architecture projects. This position reports directly to the Chief Practice and Project Officer (CPO), offering exposure to the broader business and leadership throughout our global organization. This opportunity would appeal to individuals interested in gaining a unique career development experience, establishing a one-of-a kind foundation and professional network, to build a career in project management and/or the greater engineering consulting industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Project Manager: Manage and support the Project Risk Review Practice, consulting with project teams and leadership across all business lines to review, condition, track, and report on a large portfolio of major projects across global operations.
- Support quarterly financial reporting by compiling risk management, alternate project delivery, and major projects information across several databases, summarizing key performance indicators (KPIs), identifying trends, and examining pursuit and project execution outcomes for leadership.
- Complete quarterly risk review presentations to the CPO and executive leadership as required.
- Project Coordinator: Organize risk reviews between project teams, corporate counsel, leadership, and risk committee members.
- Participate in executive leadership risk reviews to document meeting notes and formalize approvals.
- Project Consultant: Consult internally with pursuit/project teams and risk committee members to provide guidance on the Project Risk Review Practice. Ensure opportunities align with Stantec’s overall risk profile and receive appropriate level of risk review.
- Business Analyst: Manage development and reporting of project and partner data analytics and objective risk metrics, using visualization tools to assess commercial/enterprise risk in support of risk committee decision-making.
- Lead and support development and evolution of Business Intelligence and collaboration tools utilized by leadership to drive efficiency, improve data management practices, and streamline workflows used across global operations.
- Manage and communicate effectively with a cohesive team of 1-3 Major Projects Consultants and Data Scientists, reporting directly to the CPO.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of engineering consulting, construction terms, and contracting practices preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; capable of coordinating and communicating effectively with executive/business leadership and colleagues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications, with significant experience in data extraction, management, consolidation, visualization, and reporting.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills, with a proven track record of synthesizing large data sets to identify trends, areas of opportunity, KPIs, and risks.
- Accountable and effective team player, capable of working with minimal supervision and direction.
- Professional, versatile, and comfortable taking initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organization skills, with a proven commitment to deliver.
- Capable of balancing competing priorities and adapting to meet hard and soft deadlines.
- Ability to lead and articulate innovative solutions for “big picture” thinking and data-driven initiatives.
- Passionate about advancing a career in the engineering consulting industry.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Architecture, Applied Science, Business Administration, Construction Management, or other post-secondary education with relevant experience will be considered.
- 0-3 years of experience within engineering consulting, general contracting, or construction management industry preferred.
- Registered Engineer-in-Training with aspirations of working towards P.Eng. registration an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining stationary for long periods of time. No field work or travel is foreseen in this role.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1303 CPO-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 3, 2023, 1:48:59 PM
Req ID: 2300034R
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans