City : Vancouver
Category : Contract
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
As a Major Accounts Representative focused in the new development vertical, your accountabilities will include creating and strengthening key relationships with strategic developers in the lower mainland. A specific focus will be on negotiating for preferred marketing rights that drives impeccable value and profitability for developers resulting in revenue growth for Shaw.
Further accountabilities will also include:
• Accountable for MDU projects from lead to occupancy to ensure developer expectations are exceeded and Shaw maximizes on both consumer and business revenue streams
• Promote our FibrePlus Network Advantage, strategic partnerships, and extensive telecom solutions to key strategic accounts with a focus on “winning” in the market
• Working collaboratively with Shaw’s Wireline and Wireless divisions to ensure strategic and effective network expansion
• Build a strong funnel of upcoming opportunities resulting in multiple future revenue streams
• Collaborate with marketing on project marketing activities
• Influencing the technology roadmap to build a robust pipeline of new business
• Managing existing accounts You will be expected to disrupt customers’ thinking and build consensus for Shaw through very strong relationships in the new development industry in Vancouver. Working closely with our planning, Consumer & Business Sales Teams, you will be a key point of contact for a multitude of stakeholders within the various levels of strategic developer organizations and we need to ensure they are well understood and addressed within the organization.
A typical day
Manage, maintain, and grow an account portfolio of approximately 25 – 50 accounts.
• Collaborate with planning on effective network build strategies to support project portfolio
• Present & lobby Shaw Technology and product portfolio to developers and stakeholders
• Canvass territory weekly visiting project sites, presentation centers, and updating teams accordingly. Quarterly territory presentations expected
• Work with development managers as the face of Shaw on development projects from lead identification to occupancy
• Independently and collaboratively strategize for strong negotiation outcomes
• Strategic account planning, customer presentations, demos, and negotiate with developers to grow relationships and drive revenue.
• Work on and move sales opportunities throughout the sales process including deal approvals and contract generation
• Utilize all project management tools with a strong focus on documenting Salesforce with accounts, opportunities, reporting etc.
• Collaborate with our marketing coordination team to assist with marketing success within projects
• Regularly update Salesforce with account, opportunity, activity details that support the day to day operations
• Maximize revenue opportunities within developer corporate accounts and associated project portfolios
• Maintain a comprehensive stakeholders’ map and strategy to build strong relevant networks and relationships within each strategic account
• Present at team meetings
What We Are Looking For:
• Strategic Thinkers—Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve challenges
• Communicators—Tailors communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Interpersonal Influencers—Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations
• Demonstrate in depth marketplace knowledge
• Identify and monitor measures to overcome competitive activities within our market
• Experience in selling at the enterprise level
• Expert Networker—has an established deep network of key stakeholders in the new development vertical and/or has a proven ability to develop and nurture relationships in the new development industry
• Collaborative work ethic - works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders to navigate processes for deal success.
• Strong CRM Management skills a must
• Ownership—Goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision
• Workflow Management—Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree/diploma complemented by 5-10 years related sales experience
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will also be considered
• Strong knowledge of the telecommunications industry is considered an asset
• Proven track record in B2B sales
• Strong sales, organization and time management skills
• Strong understanding of the Internet, PC hardware/software and satellite industry is considered an asset
• Positive attitude, self-motivator, goal oriented with the ability to foster strong relationships
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision in a fast paced rapidly changing environment
• Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Possess a vehicle, maintains a valid driver’s license and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity Established network in new development
• This role is location-specific to Vancouver
• Where are you hiring? Vancouver Only
• Is travel required? Yes, throughout Territory
• This posting will close: Nov 7.2020
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated