City : Kelowna
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Major Account Representative at our Kelowna location! This position reports directly into the Regional Manager, Major Accounts. The successful candidate will be accountable for retaining and growing our bulk business services in the interior of BC while developing strong relationships with key stakeholders in our existing developments vertical.
A typical day
• Establish and maintain strong and trusting relationships with building owners, property management companies & new and existing bulk customers through personal contact, client meetings and superior customer service
• Understand and promote the strategic advantage of Shaw’s HFC network, product stack and value adds to stakeholders in many different verticals of interest to Shaw
• Prospect new business opportunities and negotiate/secure bulk agreements and business services with owners and management stakeholders
• Promote and sell SMB products and solutions
• Design and implement sales and marketing strategies to drive growth
• Prospect & secure new bulk opportunities
• Secure, retain and upsell on existing bulk clients
• Create and maintain a healthy and accurate sales funnel with a focus on funnel growth and strong closing ratios
• Be present and canvass your territory monthly
• Contribute and collaborate in monthly team meetings
• Identify and monitor measures to overcome competitive activities within our market
• Assist with research related to annual budget preparation, account & territory reviews
• Promote and represent Shaw in a positive and professional manner
• Various other duties as needed
• Degree/diploma in marketing complemented by 3-5 years related sales experience
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will also be considered
• Strong knowledge of the telecommunications industry is considered an asset
• Strong knowledge of the property management industry is considered an asset
• Strong sales, organization and time management skills
• Strong knowledge of Salesforce CRM is considered an asset
• Strong understanding of the Internet, PC hardware/software and satellite industry is considered an asset
• Positive attitude, self-motivator, goal oriented with the ability to foster strong relationships
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision in a fast paced rapidly changing environment
• Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Possess a vehicle, maintains a valid driver’s license and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated