Maintenance Technician In Training
City : Jamestown
Category : Operations
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN IN TRAINING
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Lead Electrical Technician, the selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, “Can Do” attitude and be able to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Education Required: Associate’s Degree
- Experience Required - Mechanically inclined
- Interest in mechanical troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to complete food safety and other job training and comply with SQF standards
- Successful candidates must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
- Learn and perform all aspects of maintenance, preventative maintenance, monitor, troubleshoot and repair of all electrical elements in the facility ensuring safety, communication and efficiency Ensure that all OSHA regulations are being met
- Safeguard both employees and customers by maintaining the highest level of safety and sanitation
- Proactively communicate with all departments in professional manner to fulfill company objectives
- Create and lead a positive, safe, productive & professional atmosphere
- Learn to process line or emergency calls to efficiently analyze, evaluate and direct repair of the electrical systems so that maximum safety and efficiency of the system is maintained
- Learn to Perform lock out tag out procedures as required
- Learn to keep accurate documentation.
- Learn to perform all equipment preventive maintnance as required by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and preventive maintenance as determined by management
- Proactively learn to monitor equipment to ensure its optimum performance
- Learn to Maintain and organize equipment documentation parts lists, drawings, schematics, PLC programs, repair manuals and maintenance history
- Learn to inspect, repair, and maintain electro-mechanical production machinery
- Learn to troubleshoot and diagnose PLCs, control circuits, instrumentation, sensors, drives, industrial motors (AC/DC), VFDs and transformers
- Learn to install new or revised equipment or devices
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area
- Attend and participate in meetings, training and continuing education programs internally or externally as deemed appropriate by management
What We Offer:
- We take pride in our people and support them. We have an industry-leading employee incentive program, 401K with a company match up to 5%, and continually review and adjust our rates of pay to ensure we remain competitive. We provide unrivaled benefit plans for our employees and their families, most of which start the first of the month after hire, including medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, flex spending accounts, life and supplemental insurance, long term disability insurance, and paid time off with carryover. Our other industry leading benefits include internal growth opportunities, paid breaks, uniform and shoe allowance, referral bonuses, and relocation assistance. Plus now offering a $500 sign on bonus!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status. #LI-KR1