Maintenance Student Co-op – Macon, GA – Summer 2024
City : Macon
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Paper manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
Maintenance Student Co-op - Summer 2024
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. Irving Tissue is a leading manufacturer of premium tissue products – including national brands and private label. We pride ourselves in our commitment to providing the best quality products and exceptional service to our consumers and customers. We are also part of a larger organization that acts responsibly when it comes to sustainable practices that begins with a history rooted since 1957. We have planted 1.1 billion trees since then, and have been recognized as a Carbon Neutral Forest Supply Chain. We also manufacture private label diapers and training pants for North American retailers.
The Maintenance Student Co-op will be based out of Macon, Georgia (1897 Allen Road, 31216). This is a temporary student position. The primary language of work is English.
We have an excellent student program at J.D. Irving with formal and informal opportunities to meet and network with people from all across the business, including other students. This is a great experience that will provide you with real, valuable work experience that will allow you to challenge yourself and learn from industry-leading professionals!
You Can Expect:
- Integral roles on projects that really matter
- Real responsibility, from day one
- Opportunity to work in different aspects of the plant
- Mentorship from industry-leading experts
- A chance to leave your mark on a growing company
- The ability to have your voice and ideas be heard
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program to receive credit
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Work with maintenance technicians, maintenance leaders, and engineers to develop solutions to chronic issues
- Use software tools to make the maintenance department operate more efficiently
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis events
- Perform data mining, six sigma exercises, and lean methods to drive process improvements
- Own assigned projects from start to finish
Examples of the help we are looking for, include but not limited to:
- Help create inventory list for all maintenance tools, label, and organize all cabinets.
- Support industrial cybersecurity efforts
- Design and build maintenance and/or process dashboards
- Help maintain maintenance and data systems and databases
- Learn the DMSI system and move PMs from JDE to DMSI for daily routes.
- Help organize and upload PMs already in the system.
- Validating and Redlining Drawings and Documents
- CAD Drawing Updates
- Spare parts lists updated and in one location
- Help develop missing procedures and update existing procedures
- Support Material Standardization Project:
- Identify and cross reference manufacturer’s part numbers vs OEM
- Update drawings and distribute as needed
What We Offer
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Signing incentives for full-time roles for graduating students who have completed a work term within J.D. Irving (if applicable)
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/. Please include a resume and a copy of your most recent transcript.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.