MAINTENANCE PLANNER & SCHEDULER (Toronto, ON, CA, M9M1R6)
City : Toronto
Category : Engineering & Technical
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job ID: 25867
Job Category: Engineering & Technical
Division & Section: Toronto Water, TW Water Infrastructure Management
Work Location: 60 Tiffield Rd, Toronto, M1V 5L5
Job Type & Duration: Full-time, 2 Permanent, 1 Temporary (12 month) vacancies
Hourly Rate: $39.92 - $43.71
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 3
Posting Period: 21-Sep-2022 to 21-Oct-2022
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all maintenance activities (both planned and corrective work).
- Configure, maintain, and monitor CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) or WMS (Work Management Systems) data and applications including Hansen and Avantis.
- Maintain and update the equipment inventory including asset characterizing information such as model, serial number, equipment type, etc
- Perform purchasing duties, as required, with a full understanding of purchasing policies.
- Stage materials, as required.
- Evaluate maintenance work feedback to improve future work orders.
- Prioritize work requests and work orders.
- Develop work plans for maintenance (Preventive, Predictive and Corrective work) with necessary information to allow efficient scheduling, assigning and execution of maintenance work.
- Develop detailed work instructions as required to support all health and safety requirements by participating in job-hazard analysis
- Request and receive the appropriate level of technical input to effectively plan all work.
- .Assemble work packages to the level of detail required to execute the work.
- Calculate work backlog based on open work with priorities and forecasted available labour hours and materials for future work that is planned prior to actual work completion.
- Develop and Maintain Bill of Materials.
- Prepare training course materials and conduct training and demonstrations for users of CMMS / WMS concepts
- Provide training and work coordination to staff.
- Administer, prepare, review and coordinate requirements, contracts, agreements, reports and documents.
- Conduct field inspections and assessments, and evaluate the condition of facilities and assets including root cause analysis.
- Assist with budget preparation and tracking of expenditures.
- Assist engineers and other management staff in carrying out technical work including performing research, tests, calculations, and technical analysis, and preparing reports and specifications.
- Conduct quality assurance data integrity checks, and produce reports based on findings.
- Prepare, read and interpret technical drawings
- Support and lead initiatives related to maintenance process improvements and equipment reliability
- Lead and participate in coordination meetings between operations and maintenance groups, and take meeting minutes.
- Configure, operate and maintain a variety of mechanical, digital, wireless, computerized and other equipment and systems, and provide training to staff in maintenance activities, etc.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in the industrial maintenance field including experience related to reliability in a complex process facility.
- Combination of education and practical experience related to Planning and Scheduling including:
a. Graduation from a Mechanical or Electrical Technologist Program, or
b. Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) or Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification, or
c. A Millwright or Electrician Trade.
- Experience with maintenance principles, practices, concepts and options including all areas within maintenance planning, scheduling, coordination and optimization.
- Experience in utilizing CMMS / WMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems / Work Management Systems) in a complex process environment.
- Experience in utilizing MS Office (working knowledge of Excel required.)
- Possession of, and ability to maintain, a valid Province of Ontario Class G driver’s licence, ability to qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements, and, as required, have daily access to a personal vehicle.
You must also have:
- Advanced knowledge of the collection, evaluation and analysis of field data related to maintenance management, facility processes and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of government legislation in the area of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
- Knowledge of manual and computerized mathematical calculations used in engineering analysis.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to understand maintenance administration processes related to inventory control, procurement and other purchasing procedures including tendering and administration of requests, etc.
- Knowledge of, and ability to utilize, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) including the set-up of user definable software for end-user use in the areas of maintenance, procurement and inventory control.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to recommend solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and plans.
- Ability to provide work coordination to other staff.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and carry out work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced problem-solving and project coordination skills and the ability to exercise independent judgement in dealing with technical matters.
Note: All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's Mandatory Vaccination Policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.