Maintenance Foreperson (Mechanical)
City : Rainy River, ON; Kitimat, BC; Fort McMurray, AB; Jansen, SK
Category : Full time Foreperson
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Forepersons to oversee our heavy equipment fleet for various Heavy Civil Projects in Canada. The Mechanical Foreperson will coordinate the repairs and preventive maintenance with our heavy duty mechanic service team to ensure project construction efficiency. You're a team player who helps out when needed.
- Forecast and coordinate and the required preventive maintenance of any on site project heavy equipment, as well as any unanticipated repairs
- Schedule required equipment inspections
- Assist in diagnosing faults or malfunctions and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Work collaboratively with Equipment Maintenance Supervision and project construction Teams
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes
- Interpret work orders, technical manuals and write service reports
- Organize the ordering of any required heavy equipment parts and consumables
- Maintain working maintenance scheduling documents
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must have experience maintaining and repairing D4-D8 Dozers, 25-45 ton Excavators, Articulated rock trucks and various other pieces of construction equipment
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license & provide a valid abstract
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Site based positions
- Rotational schedule
- Camp based accommodation provided
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.