City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Systems Software
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 191319
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As an Mainframe developer, you will work standard and additional overtime hours to meet project deadlines and provide 7x24 production support on a rotation basis. Provide analysis and coding support for host/mainframe applications and infrastructure implementations. Must be fluent in English, oral and written, with excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to understand, document and share key system information with their colleagues, support groups, other technical staff, business partners and management.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Be a true team player who values the perspectives and opinions of others while leading with humility and confidence
- Take accountability for results and exhibits a “can do attitude”
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy, motivation, and social skills)
- Have an appetite to continuously evolve and improve, to tackle difficult problems and seek/give constant feedback
- Embrace change and see it as an essential driver to solve complex issues
- Demonstrate flexibility and be able to move forward without having all of the answers
- Consistently seek to understand, meet, and deliver on customers’ expectations
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Experience in host/mainframe development (COBOL, JCL, CA7, SAS, CICS)
- Have work experience with ACF, Endevor, DB2 and IMS
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and is capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused, attentive to details, and a team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills and can build and foster relationships with team members and peers.
- Experience in the financial industry with some host development experience.
- Innovative approaches to developing process improvements and solutions; ability to convey and promote these ideas.
- Working experience with systems development methodologies and software development technologies, concepts and lifecycle.
- Worked in Agile lab or used Agile framework.
- Experience in Java, Azure is an asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.