City : Logan Lake, British Columbia, CA
Category : Trades
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: March 16, 2023
Reporting to the Mill Maintenance Supervisor, the Journeyperson Manual Machinist will be accountable for the following:
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, through promotion and adherence to established Safety and Environmental policies and procedures;
- Operation of manual lathes, milling machines, boring mill and radial arm drill presses;
- Read and interpret blueprints, and manuals
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment;
- Perform field repairs and machining;
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Must possess an Interprovincial Journeyperson Machinist red seal trade qualification;
- Industrial experience is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Must have a valid driver’s license (minimum BC class 7N).
- Must be willing to work shift work; but current shift is Monday - Thursday, 10hr shift.
We offer the chance to live and work in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Company Paid Pension
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.