Machinery Diagnostics Field Engineer
City : Leduc
Category : Full time Services
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Machinery Diagnostics Field Engineer
Are you a Machinery Diagnostic Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Do you enjoy traveling and working in new stimulating environments?
Baker Hughes Bently Nevada offers a plant-wide, holistic suite of machine condition monitoring and protection hardware, software and services that help achieve the highest level of asset reliability possible. Our solutions for pre-commissioning, commissioning, and maintenance shutdowns include specialized services for Oil & Gas, power generation and other process industries.
Partner with the best
As a Machinery Diagnostics Field Engineer, you will be providing customers complete service solutions to address their critical rotating machinery assets, protection, and monitoring system. This will include evaluating machinery condition based on rotor dynamic analysis; installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining protection system hardware; installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining monitoring system hardware & software.
As a Machinery Diagnostics Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership, technical direction, and assistance to the customer, user, and other field personnel in the diagnostic and long-term maintenance of Bently Nevada equipment and customers’ rotating machinery
- Performing installations, commissioning, and troubleshooting of Bently Nevada Hardware and Software Products and Solutions at customer locations
- Diagnosing machinery problems based upon vibration data, operational data, and customer communications
- Completing timely standard service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements
- Reacting to customer required travel in a timely manner, while bringing all required service equipment
- Completing documentation of findings / recommendations Review and interpret technical reports Track, report, and forecast financials on individual projects on a regular basis
- Performing Asset Management / Reliability Service Studies Prepare timely Work Order requests, Quick Quotes and Invoicing packages
- Assessing job site Safety and perform services as per BN Health, Safety, and Environmental Policies
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in On Site Services.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Machinery Diagnostics Field
- Have availability to travel up to 70% of the time, as required
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills in English language
- Have knowledge or experience with mechanical vibration, rotating machinery vibration and/or diagnostics, rotor dynamic analysis, machinery balancing and alignment
- Have experience reading, interpreting and understanding mechanical prints
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.