What Is the Prescription For A Great Career?
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. Our hearts skip a beat when we meet talent who sees the bigger picture and wants to make an impact in our communities, our teams, and our business. This means finding even better ways to work, share ideas, and making a material difference in the Rexall journey.
We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000+ Rexall team members. We are proud to be part of the McKesson family, ranked fifth in the fortune 500. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the "ICARE"Â values. Talk about a dream team!
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
The Mission: Pharmacy Manager 1 Year Contract
The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for managing store pharmacy operations and maintaining a professional and cohesive working relationship with the Front Store Manager and staff. They are a catalyst in the execution of a superior patient care experience that translates into an environment that ensures people make the healthiest choices quickly, easily and confidently helping them feel better every day.
WORKING TO BUILD STORE PHARMACY OPERATIONS YOU FOCUS IS TO:
- Leads all aspects of the pharmacy including dispensing prescriptions, PacMed distribution and accuracy, timely deliveries, accounts receivable/ payable,
- Acts as the main point of contact for the LTC facilities
- Works closely with clinical pharmacists to ensure satisfaction of current LTC contracts.
- Ensures dispensary area meets Rexall Pharmacy Group's maintenance standards.
- Controls shrinkage in areas such as damaged goods, returns, internal and external theft, by proper pricing and proper receiving procedures.
- Manages timely return of outdated merchandise through ongoing review of product date coding.
- Responsible for the analysis and review of sales, gross profit, productivity and pertinent financial reports in alignment with the financial objectives and adherence to the Head Office reporting procedures.
- Reports all dispensing errors found/reported by completing a 'PRESCRIPTION INCIDENT REPORT' and faxing to the V.P. Finance within 24 hours.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal & Provincial legislation, company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), policies and professional standards and regulations.
- Organizes and executes all Professional Service programs including Clinic Days, Awareness Events and/or other events as directed by Head Office or as identified as a need of the community.
- Ensures policies and procedures are in place to minimize shrinkage and internal theft.
- Supervises the collection and follow up of third party receivables and any outstanding charge accounts.
- Manages the registration and/or the maintenance of complete and accurate documentation of all patient focused services performed or the training of staff to whom these duties will be delegated.
- Ensures daily operation, security and upkeep of dispensary computer, including daily and weekly data backup.
- Performs all Health and Safety (H&S) related duties including but not limited to the supervision of regular Store Safety inspections, completing all WCB/WSIB accident or incident reports, staff training and reporting procedures as well as the maintenance of H&S files for all store level safety issues for compliance and audit purposes.
- Oversees the Charge Account Management including charging and recording of all appropriate Federal and Provincial taxes.
- Accountable for timely opening and closing, including security alarm activation (in compliance with the company operation standards and regulations) and for the security of cash floats, deposits, lottery tickets & terminals, transit tickets and postage inventory.
- Responsible for the maintenance of loss prevention equipment.
- Adheres to prescribed Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd.’s Rexall Formulary
YOU ARE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU POSSESS:
- Pharmacy license to practice in the province in which you are applying.
- Experience in retail pharmaceutical systems and dispensing procedures I,e Nexxsys
- Previous Pharmacy Management experience is preferred
- Ability to maintain the optimum balance between the profession of pharmacy and business of pharmacy
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer/patient satisfaction orientation
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
The Rexall DNA:
- Ready to make an impact- You are mission-driven and want to make a difference
- Builds consensus- Your people-first mindset shows in all that you do
- Embraces change- You move fast and change excites you
- Drives achievement- You are wired to always exceed your personal best
- Overcomes adversity- You see the world as glass half full and embrace a good challenge
- Trail blazer- You love creating the path forward and being able to shape the future
- Fun- You think laughter is the best medicine and your positive energy is contagious
Side effects may include:
- A closely connected culture
- Competitive compensation, pension, benefits, personal days, employee discounts, and vacation time
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Foundation
Are you #Allin ?
Rexall Pharmacy Group Canada Ltd. is committed to providing an accessible environment for all of our customers, employees, and job applicants. Rexall Pharmacy Group will make available to any selected applicants accommodations and/or accessible formats should he/she require. Candidates are encouraged to discuss any accommodation he/she may need in order to allow for the most effective selection process.