Loss Prevention Officer
City : Charlottetown
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
OPPORTUNITY FOR LOSS PREVENTION ASSOCIATE
Kent Building Supplies is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values. Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community.
Loss Prevention Associates are responsible for the loss prevention program within the store. They work a varied schedule and must be able to always handle confidential information and work professionally.
Starting wage: $17.50
- Reviewing and maintaining the store’s security system
- Surveillance of all areas including perimeter checks
- Ensuring cycle counts are completed
- Presenting tips at team meetings and associate orientation
- Assisting in investigations with the district loss prevention manager
- Provide Loss Prevention training to all associates
- Will be required to travel periodically to assist other Kent stores within the province
- Can work independently with high attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Able to communicate with people of various ages and backgrounds such as summer students, customers, and law enforcement
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with investigations is an asset
- Knowledge of building supplies is an asset
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.