Loss Prevention Officer or First Aid Attendant (Casual)
City : Sparwood, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: March 23, 2023
Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment? Reporting to the Supervisor, Safety and Loss Prevention, the Loss Prevention Officer or First Aid Attendant is responsible for matters related to health, safety, and site security. This role operates on a 4x4 schedule rotation of two days and two nights shifts. This is a casual position.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills, who can present material in front of a group. This person has strong critical thinking and decision-making abilities. The ability to prioritize and find solutions in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is vital.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventures at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come and experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support the implementation of High Potential Risk Control and Occupational Health and Hygiene strategies
- Participate in risk assessments, gap analyses and effectiveness reviews
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring, control access, and egress to site
- Facilitate training for health and safety initiatives and New Hire Orientation
- Support awareness initiatives and health and safety program education, including confined space, hazardous energy isolation, and fall protection
- Perform health and safety inspections and participate in audits
- Provide overall site protection, including fire systems
- Guide employees and contractors on the application of site procedures and programs
- Provide first aid services, drug and alcohol sample collection, and complete accurate first aid reports
- Assist contractor risk management by reviewing safe work plans
- Assist the development and implementation of Occupational Health and Safety programs
- Support safety incident investigations
- High School Diploma
- Work Safe BC OFA Level III or EMP Level III certification
- Strong digital literacy, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite®
- Two years of relevant industry experience in a Health and Safety role or a Mine Rescue ticket is an asset
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.