Logistics Student – Summer 2024
City : Dieppe
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
LOGISTICS STUDENT - SUMMER 2024
We currently have exciting opportunities within our Cavendish Farms operations for Supply Chain Student to join our teams in Dieppe, New Brunswick, for the Summer 2024 Work Term.
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head Office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation, the summer student would receive an opportunity to get a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of Cavendish Farms Supply Chain. This includes Planning, Logistics, Customer Service as well as Optimization.
This role offers great opportunity for visibility and career development. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a "Can-Do" attitude and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Team player.
- Ability to affectively time manage multiple projects.
- Problem solving skills.
- Process focus.
- Technology / systems proficiency.
- Office 365 proficiency.
- Understanding of SC Fundamentals.
The Main Duties/Responsibilities of This Role Include:
- Supporting the transportation and warehousing teams with various tasks.
- Audit and resolve variances on carrier invoices.
- Reconcile carrier statements as required.
- Analyze various data sets.
- Assist with documenting processes and work instructions.
Critical experience gained:
- Understanding of Logistics through hands on experience and interactions with practitioners.
- Understanding logistics data and dashboards.
- Understanding of process architecture and process documentation.
- Learning of Procedure Flow process mapping software.
Why join us:
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development.
- Future growth and progression opportunities within Cavendish Farms and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies.
- Real responsibility, from day one.
- Mentorship from industry-leading experts, including career development discussions.
- The ability to have your voice and ideas be heard.
- Hands-on work term in our state-of-the-art facilities alongside our world-class professionals.
- We will pay co-op fees up to $1000 if your work term is applicable to your education.
Work Address – 100 Midland Drive, Dieppe, NB, E1A 6X4
Each student is responsible to provide their own reliable form of transportation to and from work.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.