Logistics Crew Shift Leader
City : Macon
Category : Administration, Facilities & Secretarial
Industry : Paper manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
Logistics Crew Shift Leader
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- Preferred Bachelor, Associate degree or advanced certification in Business, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or other applicable disciplines
- 5 or more years of equivalent experience in lieu of this will be considered.
- 4 or more years of logistics, warehousing, distribution, transportation, and or supply-chain combined.
- 2 or more years of supervision
- Strong leadership skills, team oriented, and effectively engages others in resolving problems and identifying and implementing improvements
- Experience in using problem solving techniques such as Kepner Tregoe and or continuous improvement methods such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Ability to teach, mentor, coach, develop, delegate, and follow-up
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive computer skills; fluent in Microsoft Office applications and enterprise resource planning systems such as Oracle (J.D. Edwards), SAP or similar systems
- Enjoys fast pace and multiple competing priorities
- Ensuring people, process, equipment and systems (E80, AWS, JDE, Power Fleet) are operating to standard
- Audit, measure, adjust and report shift performance
- Proactively coordinate, engage and lead the crew to achieve target goals around Safety, Quality, Productivity, Customer Service (Internal and external) and Cost.
- Ensure adequate resources are scheduled and available to deliver desired results
- Ensure the crew is adhering to standards, processes and systems established.
- Ensure that employees are properly trained, aware of expectations and are accountable for performance.
- Develop a climate which encourages the participation and involvement of all employees to pursue continuous development and continuous improvement
- Recording and approving attendance records in payroll system
- Support the Department and other site leaders in carrying out long range plans, objectives and activities.
- Advanced trouble shooting of LGV, AWMS and JDE (ERP) issues
- Provide Shipment Planner support and backfill during peak demands or unexpected absences.
What We Offer
- Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance effective 1st of month following start date.
- 401K 100% match at 5% after 90 days of employment
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Employee & family assistance programs
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development.
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.