Logistics Coordinator, Dome Productions, Bell Media
City : Oakville, Ontario
Category : Media
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 377249
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
As a Logistics Coordinator for Dome Productions, you will be part of a dynamic team working with top Broadcasters and Suppliers in North America bringing the best in sports and entertainment to the Canadian market. If you are proactive, a great communicator, who has strong interpersonal skills and is looking to work in a cutting edge industry, then Dome Productions is for you!
This position is responsible for ensuring that all plans relating to equipment movements of the internal and external clients are executed accordingly; the shipping is coordinated with a focus on carrier management. Well-organized and efficient preparation of incoming and outgoing materials. These responsibilities are carried out in a team environment, timely and efficient manner.
These tasks will be performed mainly in a warehouse environment with some outdoor work as required. Selected candidate will be required to work various shifts (including weekends) with flexible hours, and be available after hours to respond to emergency issues.
- Review equipment movement based on the organization’s production requirements for each event
- Plan outbound & inbound courier and bulk shipments
- Interface with warehouse team for picking and packing timeframes as well as dimensions and weights
- Obtain competitive shipping quotes in a professional manner from multiple suppliers
- Update shipping system with each shipment and respective quote
- Maintain strong relationships with shipping vendors
- Recommend alternative shipping solutions
- Alert departments and individuals when delays are encountered and provide updates/solutions to meet expectations
- Follow up on shipments in between venues
- Coordinate customs requirements for all cross border shipping
- Ensure that all paperwork is detailed, organized and has complete information
- Obtain Tax ID’s and Temporary Import Bond (TIB) Contacts for customs purposes
- Coordinate shipments that require carnets and manage the return of documents after each event
- Create all necessary customs forms and coordinate with our customs broker
- E-mail inbound and outbound shipping details for each event to onsite staff
- Coordinate internal delivery vehicles as required for event and local shipping
- Schedule the Logistics driver to meet the local shipping needs of all departments
- Maintain and update a calendar schedule, with reminders for all shipping and receiving items
- Provide feedback to interested parties as to current status and expected ETA of shipping service requests
- Complete and update service requests that relate to shipments
- Be up to date with new shipping technologies, software tools and protocols to ensure all shipments travel in a timely manner
- Be able to react to shipping issues and provide reasonable solutions to the management team during and after hours
- Required to be accessible after hours for emergency issues and on call
- Maintain an organized and clean work environment
- Other duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years logistics experience in a fast pace environment
- Broadcast equipment background preferred
- Sound knowledge of various shipping systems and strong carrier management skills
- Understanding of facilitating cross-border movements between Canada and the United States
- Ability to communicate tactfully, courteously and professionally with all staff and outside vendors
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those in contact in the course of work whether internal or external
- Team focused and positive approach
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, propose actions and implement recommendations
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timelines and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to be flexible
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Conversational French would be an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Oakville
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 06/21/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Oakville
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.