Logistics Attendant (Shipper Receiver)
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Supply chain and logistics
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Logistics Attendant to join our dynamic Supply Chain Operations West team in Vancouver.
Job category: Supply chain and logistics
Job posting ID: 4245
Employment status: Temporary full-time
Position's anticipated end date: 2023-10-08
Possible schedule/FTE: 1.0
Classification: HEU 180
Salary/Rate of pay: Grid 14 $22.58
Application deadline: 2023-03-16
This position is open to: Internal and External applicants
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
Our Logistics Attendants ensures that all consumables, equipment and transportation supplies are ready to go for our Mobile Clinics. Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail are essential in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Verifies shipping and receiving of products / resolves discrepancies with buyers efficiently.
- Performs Quarantine / Lot Acceptance of critical supplies / electronic containment of Quality Events.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and databases (SAP / eProgesa).
- Organizes and maintains warehouse and dock area for efficiency / cleanliness.
- Daily documentation for resupply of fridges / freezers and monthly cleaning.
- Maintains documentation of critical supplies batch numbers / quantities received.
- Performs physical inventory counts / stock rotation as per expiry dates / product recall.
- Completes Good Receipt / Goods Issue of clinic supplies and allocation (as required).
- Completes clinic kitting / requisitions and performs departmental mail deliveries.
- Ensures Preventative Maintenance / replacement (of faulty) Equipment / Callibration (as required).
- Facilitates the return of soiled linen / redistribution to clinic teams.
- Ensures the proper handling / accurate accounting of biohazard containers for off-site removal and destruction.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Grade 12 plus one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment, such as forklift.
- Ability to keyboard 35 w.p.m.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. Lifting supplies and equipment that may exceed 10 kilograms, sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
Work days: Monday to Friday 0700-1500 or 0700 - 1500 MTW, 0800 - 1600TH/FR
Rest Days: Saturday and Sunday
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds. Persons who have been vaccinated outside of Canada must contact their local Public Health Unit in order to obtain a vaccine equivalency certificate.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.