City : Ottawa
Category : Other
Industry : Professional Services
Employer : BGIS
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The role of the Lobby Ambassador will support the ongoing re-occupancy and modified use of common building areas and flow of people in and out of buildings as part of the building operations team. In this role, the lobby Ambassador is an important resource to provide a visible contact point for building occupants, provide information on where to go to access work areas where new queuing procedures are in place, provide additional sanitization of high touch areas like door handles, counters and common area seating, provide observational reporting on effectiveness of physical distancing measures and protocols to the operational team and client to drive continual improvement in new building access procedures. You will work with a team of professionals delivering property management services. This role will support the key differentiator of the organization – it’s people, by enabling a culture of high-performance teams.
220,000 square feet of fully modernized and renovated space, operates 5 days a week
Number of employees vary from building to building
Space could include onsite cafeteria, main entrance, multipurpose rooms, event space, games room, lobby areas, onsite fitness centre, customer center and more
Locations such as GOC National Capital Region
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support customers, visitors and employees in a friendly, knowledgeable and courteous manner at all times
- Support a positive occupant and visitor experience in designated lobby/service areas – welcoming employees, assisting with inquiries/questions around way-finding and other frequently asked questions
- Provide direction to support effective queuing in entries and elevators and other building common areas during high traffic periods (for example building entry at beginning and end of day and common eating or food vendor areas during break times).
- Supports the awareness of the directives and protocols to maintain social distancing
- Conduct walk-throughs of common lobby spaces to perform frequent sanitization of high touch surfaces in lobbies including doors, counters, benches or other seating as required
- Track and report on pinch-points and high-volume times to inform occupant communications and refining of entry and exiting procedures
- Provide guests with special instructions as required by client policy and procedures and report any new frequently asked questions to the operations team.
- Have an extensive knowledge of the workplace – technology, meeting rooms, multi-purpose and shared spaces, amenities and places of interest, and be able to communicate these confidently and articulately to employees and guests
- Use operational knowledge of the facility to provide swift resolution of any challenges experienced by employees or guests
- Eventually could submit work orders for maintenance, or janitorial issues, to ensure timely response and tracking for continuous improvement
- Ensure workplace health and safety guidelines are followed, and report any violations or near-misses to Manager/Client/BGIS partners
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Lobby Ambassador must be Bilingual French (fluent in both written and verbal communication)
- This role requires the Lobby Ambassador to work on site Monday to Friday (during business hours)
- College diploma with 1-3 years of job-related experience, ideally in a Corporate or Tourism/Hospitality environment in a concierge, host or reception role
- High level of people skills - service oriented, customer-focused and a can-do attitude
- Able to exercise sound judgement, make decisions, provide direction, work with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams)
- Pro-active, approachable, and solution-based
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Strong organization skills
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Clean criminal record check
- Basic knowledge of health and Safety Legislation and regulatory requirements
Note that BGIS has implemented several safety measures and orientation during the current pandemic designed to educate, coach and protect team members and the general public from COVID-19.
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!