Life, Health & Wealth Insurance Advisor
City : VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What will you do?
- Connect with clients through discovery to better understand their life events and offer comprehensive insurance and financial advice that aligns to their current and changing needs
- Promote a client-first mindset in a digital environment by meeting clients when it is most convenient for them
- Develop and deepen client relationships with the use of Salesforce and other compliant customer tools/electronic forms
- Contribute to and be accountable for your team sales success through the achievement of your individual sales goals
- Increase your external networks by capitalizing on market opportunities and referrals from approved centres of influence
- Regularly review individual business results and adjust activities as required to meet established targets
- Deliver on RBC’s vision to be among the world’s most trusted and successful financial institutions
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Business development and prospecting skills with a goal-oriented attitude with a strong ambition to succeed
- The ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Life/A&S License (HLLQP/LLQP), or willingness to complete before the start date
- 1-2+ years’ professional sales experience in the Insurance Industry
- An existing network of referrals and approved centers of influence
- Digital literacy using a variety of systems and tools
Nice to have
- Fluent in English + other language
- Great communication skills
- Industry Designations Preferred: CFP (Certified Financial Planner), CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter), CHS (Certified Health Insurance Specialist)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- The resources and support you need to develop your client portfolio and advance your career goals
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- A comprehensive compensation package and incentives that recognize strong performance
- Flexible health benefits that allow you to choose the level of coverage that is right for you and your family
- Employee savings, profit-sharing, and pension options to help you grow your savings and plan for future financial security
- Outstanding training programs and opportunities for career development
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how our video-interview technology will be used throughout the recruitment process, and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You will be given the opportunity to work from home, if you can be fully productive, and role requirements including regulatory obligations can be satisfied. We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible.
Health & Safety
For employees that may be required to work from our premises, we’re doing our part to safeguard your health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All RBC premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.