Life Cycle Management Specialist
City : Dartmouth
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Professional, scientific and technical services
Employer : J.D. Irving
LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
We Are Fleetway!
We believe Canada’s maritime fleets need to be reliable and fit for purpose, with crews that are fully trained and supported. We work as a trusted technical partner during design, construction, in-service, and end of life. We are proud to deliver quality professional technical services including Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Technical Editing, Configuration Management, Project Management, Training, Technical Translation, and Marine Technical Services.
Over the past 35+ years, we have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers. Everything we do is aimed at developing our people and improving our use of innovation to be the leading professional services provider in the marine industry.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015, and ISO 14001 designations.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to be a part of and make a difference with, then we'd love to hear from you!
As one of Canada's largest marine engineering integrators, we are looking for talented individuals to bring their skills to Fleetway as we lead the way in Canadian naval defence contracts (In Service Support). Our work is project focused on government ship design and support, including warships, ferries, ice-breakers and commercial vessels. We are looking for a qualified Life Cycle Management Specialist to join our team.
The Life Cycle Management Specialist is a vital asset to the Marine Technical Services team who reviews and analyzes engineering changes to determine the impact on naval ships and related documentation, creates and prepares technical publications and can also be asked to provide on-site technical support to customers to ensure proper implementation of engineering change installation packages, modifications, etc.
Fleetway is committed to the principle of employment equity and strives to provide an environment where all employees feel supported, valued, and free from discrimination and harassment. We encourage applications from qualified African Canadians and other Racially Visible Persons, Women, Persons with Disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ2S+ community. Fleetway is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Provide technical assistance in completing documentation for installation, removal and/or disposal of fitted equipment for systems
- Preparation of Engineering Changes
- Assistance in assessment of installation specifications
- Assistance with: assessment of equipment disposal requirements, procurement and repair and overhaul activities, assessment of current stock levels for procurement activities and verifying technical compliance of material being procured
- Provide technical assistance in completing documentation to the Technical Data Package (TDP) for in service support
- Draft updates for manuals
- Draft planned maintenance procedures
- Draft test and trial procedures
- Draft and review drawings and parts lists
Skill, Capabilities, and Experience:
- Education Required:One of the following: MAR Tech or WENG QL6/RQPO1 from Canadian Navy, Post HOD Marine Systems Engineer/Combat Systems Engineer or Possess a minimum 2 year technical program diploma offered by a recognized technical institute
- Registered Technician by a licensing body
- Years of Experience Required: Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience in a maintenance management related activity
- Experience in technical writing and proficient with MS Office
- Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a shipyard setting is considered an asset
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary based on their applicable experience and demonstrated knowledge, skill and abilities. Additionally, we offer the following:
We are regularly adding new departments, positions, and functions within Fleetway, as such we can offer you growth and development opportunities for future career advancement
We provide direct support to your training and development plans, including support towards your professional certifications, memberships, or designations
Flexible work hours (core hours)
Hybrid work arrangements
We have Mental Health first aid trained staff in all offices, and an ongoing subscription to the Not Myself Today mental health program
A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan, with an enhanced focus on mental health and wellness
Ability to save for your future with our company matching RRSP program
15-week maternity leave top-up program
Employee & Family Assistance Program
Annual health & wellness reimbursements
Business casual work environment, with casual Friday’s
A slick company jacket that will definitely make you the envy of your friends
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. A current resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Fleetway.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.