City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
LICENSING OFFICER :
(55,323.90 - 63,393.31 - Annually)
Reporting to the Manager Licensing, the Licensing Officer is responsible for processing new builder licence, builder licence renewal and owner builder applications in accordance with the Homeowner Protection Act. He/she/they reviews applications for completeness and accuracy, gathers information through person and/or telephone interviews, and performs land title and corporate searches through BC Online. The incumbent uses judgment to ensure applications meet the requirements of the Homeowner Protection Act, and provides a file summary and recommendation for the review of the Registrar or the Registrar’s delegate. The position responds to enquiries from government officials, warranty companies, current and potential builders, realtors, lawyers/notary publics and the general public regarding the legislation and policies respecting the issuance of builder licences and owner builder authorizations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College diploma in a relevant discipline such as business administration.
- Sound experience in the review and processing of applications within a regulatory/compliance environment, requiring knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation and policy.
- or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Some knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices governing the processing of applications in accordance with provisions of applicable legislation and policies
- Some knowledge of the Homeowners Protection Act and regulations, and of BC Housing’s programs and policies with respect to increasing consumer protection for homebuyers
- Excellent computer skills and good knowledge of a number of software programs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well in communicating with the public, and ability to exercise discretion, tact and diplomacy in dealing with inquiries
- Excellent writing skills with regards to professional business correspondence
- Good research and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to exercise high degree of accuracy, consistency and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team
- Ability to use good judgment with fair and consistent application of policy