City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
($55,323.90 - $63,393.31 Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Licensing, the Licensing Coordinator is responsible for assessing and administering the BC Energy Step Code Competency for licensees. He/she/they gathers information through email and/or telephone interviews, reviews specific builder conditions on licences for completeness and accuracy, and determines whether provided documentation is sufficient to satisfy competency requirements. The incumbent applies judgment to ensure proof of exemptions meet the requirements of a licence condition and provides a summary into the licence file along with acceptable evidence. The role supports with the administration and processing of applications for builder license renewals and amendments. The position responds to enquiries from current builders, lawyers, notary publics and the general public regarding the legislation and policies with respect to builder licences.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in business administration or other relevant field.
- Sound experience within a regulatory/compliance environment, requiring knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation and policy.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Some practical knowledge and understanding of rules, practices and processes governing the processing of applications in accordance with provisions of applicable legislation and policies.
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission’s mandate, programs, and operating requirements
- Ability to learn, interpret and apply legislation, regulations, policies and other information sources for the purposes of responding to inquiries and assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Ability to communicate with the public, including conflict resolution skills and the ability to exercise good judgment, patience, tact and diplomacy in all public interactions.
- Ability to recognize and operate within scope of authority applying good judgment in deciding when to escalate issues.
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively as part of a team
- Ability to use good judgment with fair and consistent application of policy
- Excellent computer skills including a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a solid command of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.