Licensed Insurance Advisor, Home & Auto
City : VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Our Home & Auto team is actively hiring and looking for licensed customer service and sales oriented people to join our team!
We are looking for dynamic individuals with a passion for helping people to join our fast-paced Western Home and Auto team at RBC Insurance.
What is the opportunity?
As our Licensed Insurance Advisor, you will interact with clients over the phone, and provide them with insurance advice and solutions based on their individual needs. Your ability to provide superior customer service, build rapport and gain the clients’ confidence will be critical to your success. With the ultimate goal of strengthening client relationships, you will contribute to an individual and team sales plan, successfully achieved through spotting opportunities, selling solutions and referring to partners.
What will you do?
- Provide insurance advice and solutions to clients based on their needs and ensure clients are charged premiums that correspond with risks
- Exhibit a consistent, positive client experience with every conversation and resolve client concerns at the point of first-call, demonstrating the ability to connect through discussion and escalate as necessary
- Complete personalized needs assessments and reviews by leveraging tools, resources, and calculators to demonstrate value and support advice recommendations
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of regulatory risk when writing and updating new business policies
- Apply critical thinking during client interactions in order to identify and analyze acceptable and unacceptable risks
- Perform front-line underwriting of Home and Auto policies
- Use procedures effectively and seamlessly during calls
What do you need to succeed?
- Possession of the General 2 license at time of application
- Willingness to obtain Ontario license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bilingual, fluent in French and English
- Post-secondary education or the equivalent
- Proven professional sales experience, and success in meeting and exceeding sales targets in a contact center environment
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards package including flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock options
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team. By joining RBC Insurance, you also become part of a supportive, inclusive team that shares common values – including a fundamental respect for each other
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.