Leisure Skate Location In-Charge – Toronto/East York District (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Skate
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Job Type:||Temporary, Part-time|
|Number of Positions:||TBD|
|District:||Toronto/East York District|
|Division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Section:||PFR CR Community Recreation|
|Posting End Date:||10/16/2023|
- Provides direction, coordination and administration of a Leisure Skate Program site.
- Assists with orientation and work direction of part time staff.
- Directs the Rink Guards.
- Adheres to all policies and safety guidelines as outlined in Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Monitors and controls access to the program and facility.
- Ensures that the program location, equipment and supplies meet health and safety standards.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, accidents, problems and emergencies, as outlined in the divisional policies and procedures.
- Interacts with staff and participants.
- Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates special events.
- Monitors and regulates recreational skating activities.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Current Emergency First Aid, some locations may require Standard First Aid & CPR due to legislated requirements.
- Demonstrated strong competence performing skating skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures & regulations related to: Rink/Arena facilities; Skating or In-line Skating or Hockey (as appropriate); Health & Safety; Risk Management, Access & Equity.
- Experience organizing & implementing drop-in programming; and leading, supervising or directing staff.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted. Be sure to check your email regularly, including junk/spam mail folders, and log in to your profile to see the status of your application under Jobs Applied.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check. For Recreation Worker positions, we are only able to consider candidates who obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Once an applicant is given a conditional offer of employment, we will obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check for applicants who reside within the City of Toronto. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.