City : Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Legal department for a Legal Counsel. As a valued member of the Shaw Legal Team, the successful candidate will perform legal support services for our Business division and have the accountabilities described below.
A typical day
• Working collaboratively with stakeholders across the enterprise to identify and mitigate risks and determine creative solutions in service of Shaw’s corporate objectives;
• Engaging with the business sales and support teams on their growth and customer service goals by guiding them through the applicable legal and regulatory landscape to efficiently mitigate risks and resolve issues pragmatically;
• In collaboration with both the Business and Strategic Sourcing teams, reviewing, drafting, and negotiating various commercial agreements in diverse contexts to ensure Shaw’s interests are protected;
• Providing timely and practical advice to the Business team with respect to innovative new product and service initiatives that are designed to respond dynamically to our fast-paced market;
• Providing ongoing project and enterprise support, including training and coaching in connection with legal requirements, corporate policies, procedures, and contract matters; and
• Other legal related accountabilities that may arise.
• 2 – 4 years’ experience in corporate commercial law with a leading law firm or an in-house legal department in a relevant sector;
• Experience in the technology and telecommunication industries considered an asset;
• Experience with commercial sales agreements, RFP/RFQ’s, technology licensing, and telecommunications regulatory matters also considered an asset;
• A license to practice law in Alberta, British Columbia, or Ontario;
• Strong interpersonal skills, balanced judgment, and a demonstrated ability to make sound decisions within a legal and business context;
• Effective and efficient advisory skills, including an ability to understand the needs of our business and communicate complex issues clearly and concisely;
• Ability to work effectively in a detail-oriented, dynamic, fast-paced team environment; and
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity. If you want to be a part of something bigger – part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you!
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated