Legal Counsel, Commercial
City : Toronto
Category : Administrative/Clerical/Office Support
Industry : Food and Beverage Production
Employer : Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited
Work Location - Toronto or Montreal (Hybrid)
Employee Type - Regular Employee FT Salaried
About This Opportunity
In this role, you will act as a legal subject matter expert with a business-focused mindset, and will work closely with the company’s commercial, sales and procurement teams on contractual, regulatory and other commercial legal matters.
• Providing legal advice and counsel to advance Coke Canada Bottling’s vision to become the world’s greatest bottling company built by the best people.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of agreements.
• Advising and providing counsel to business stakeholders on a broad range of corporate-commercial matters, including negotiation strategy, legislative/regulatory matters, RFP development and corporate policies.
• Identifying, monitoring and providing updates on case law, legislative developments and other matters relevant to the business.
• Identifying and evaluating business risks and advising key stakeholders accordingly.
• Building strong relationships with leaders across the business and with critical external partners, including external counsel.
• Managing general litigation files and assisting with labour & employment matters, as needed.
• Law Degree and member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario or Le Barreau du Quebec.
• 3-5 years’ post-call experience practicing corporate-commercial law at a reputable law firm or corporate legal department.
• Strong command of commercial laws, regulations and best practices.
• Ability to handle multiple complex projects and carefully prioritize work.
• Excellent written and oral communication, negotiation, client relationship, organizational, leadership and project management skills.
• Flexibility and approachability.
• Solution-oriented, with the ability to think pragmatically and strategically.
• Business-minded; understanding that the best in-house counsel are business people with law degrees.
• Experience with a large company with locations in multiple provinces is an asset
• Ability to work in French is an asset
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centers, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love. We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regard to any of the foregoing once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.
For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada.com