Job Title: Legal Counsel
Department: Legal & Risk
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Created in 1972, with its head office in Montreal, Canada, the ALDO Group is a company with roots based on compassion and ethics. We started off as, and continue to be, a company that aims to influence society in both fashion and social responsibility. Today, we oversee thousands of stores in countries across the world. We cover all corners of the footwear market and are proudly represented by ALDO/ALDO Accessories, Call It Spring/Spring, and GLOBO.
The ALDO Group is looking for an experienced Legal Counsel who will play a key role in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements. The Legal Counsel will be supporting the business and operational teams on a broad range of regulatory matters. In this role, you will provide guidance and influence on decision-making at the operational and corporate level. As a team player, you will be working with a wide range of people from different backgrounds in a fast-pace environment.
- Assist and/or lead the negotiation, drafting and review of various contracts related to the IT, wholesale activities, marketing, procurement and supply chain fields
- Assist and/or lead the negotiation of various transactional activities
- Manage contract negotiations on behalf of the company, implementing and managing our IP strategy and supporting other members of the legal team on corporate transactions
- Provide support to Product Development, Marketing and PR teams
- Collaborate with our external advisors and lawyers and coordinate the labour outsourced to them for legal disputes involving the organization
- Provide legal advice in regard to the evaluation of risks associated to contracts; share advice with your manager, other managers within the business and external advisors and lawyers, if needed
- Train the internal stakeholders in order to improve their understanding of legal concepts
- Support other members of the legal team and performs a variety of legal assignments, as required
- Member of the Quebec Bar
- Between four (4) to seven (7) years’ experience as a lawyer in a national or international law firm and/or within an in-house legal department, specializing in commercial law matters
- Strong negotiations, drafting and communication skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude, you are confident managing files independently with minimal support
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment
- High level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to new projects with a jump-right-in/can-do attitude
- You are mature, professional, positive, personable and possess the confidence and knowledge to make decisions quickly and the dynamism to adapt to changing needs
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Perfectly bilingual in French and English, both verbal and written
WE’RE LOOKING, ARE YOU?
Curious to find out what it means to be part of a great global team? Let’s connect. Discover what it’s like to work for a fast-paced, creative and inclusive company.
Want more? We encourage our people to reach their full potential by offering exciting opportunities and great incentives for growth. After all, our company’s magic stems directly from the talent and drive of our people. The possibilities are endless.