Legal Assistant – Tax Litigation & Dispute Resolution
City : Toronto
Category : Legal
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
KPMG Law LLP’s Tax Litigation & Dispute Resolution section assists companies and individuals to protect against, prepare for, and respond to challenges by the tax authorities. KPMG Law is involved in each stage of the tax dispute – from pre-litigation to litigation in provincial and federal courts and tribunals.
We are currently searching for an experienced Legal Assistant to support our Tax Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. The successful candidate will form part of a team that values all roles and expertise that each team member brings. The successful candidate will be an incredibly organized individual who takes pride in their work and makes sure that tasks are completed with attention to detail and efficiency. They enjoy both executing tasks independently and working in a team environment.
What you will do
- Manage fax and mail communications, including sending, receiving, scanning, tracking, and distribution to team members
- Send and receive documents to/from various parties using share file platforms
- Organize, maintain, and close files in accordance with firm policies
- Preparing documents in both hard copy and electronic format, including photocopying, printing, compiling, binding, hyperlinking, and bookmarking
- Schedule meetings and examinations and completing related logistics, such as booking boardrooms
- Edit, proof-read, and format a range of documents in MS Word and Adobe
- Draft standard documents, including cover letters and affidavits of service
- Assist with filing and serving documents
- Diarize court and other deadlines
- Assist with paying invoices, processing expenses, booking travel
- Other duties to support the group as assigned
What you bring to the role
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant, Law Clerk, or related course
- Experience as a legal assistant or similar role in a litigation law firm or similar environment, with a minimum of 1 year experience
- Proficient in standard office software such as MS Word, Outlook, and Adobe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and problem solve
- Experience with tax disputes and knowledge of the Tax Court, Federal Court, and Federal Court of Appeal is an asset but not a requirement
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.