Leasing Intern (Summer 2023)
City : Toronto, ON, Canada
Category : Internship
Industry : Real Estate
Employer : First Capital
First Capital [TSX: FCR.UN] owns, manages, and develops grocery-anchored open-air centres in neighbourhoods with the strongest demographics in Canada. As one of Canada’s top employers, we foster a vibrant culture that ensures equal opportunity and well-being for all employees in a dynamic workplace. We are proud to provide rewarding opportunities to build meaningful careers in a fun and high performing environment.
WE ARE SHAPING THE NEXT GENERATION!
First Capital’s Intern Program gives you access to enriching opportunities to start and accelerate your career and further your passion. We offer a range of exciting internships that cover the full spectrum of the work we do, so there’s truly something for everyone!
Our Intern program is uniquely hands-on, allowing you to work alongside our leaders on exciting new projects and strategies. In addition to day-to-day learning, you will have access to a series of learning and networking events, mentorship sessions from our leaders, an end of term Capstone Project, and much more. Our goal is to leave all our program graduates with a full, 360 understanding of our business.
As a Leasing Intern, you will report to the Senior Leasing Manager and will provide support to our Central Leasing Team with respect to transactional data entry, preparation of leasing documentation, performance reports, marketing material and overall analysis for various properties and special projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in the preparation of leasing documentation (LOI/LEL).
- Provide leasing support (VTS Real Estate Platform).
- Conduct real estate market research/prospect for new deals.
- Assist with website/Property Capsule updates in collaboration with National Marketing.
- Input budget/reforecast assumptions.
- Attend possession meetings.
- Provide administrative support, including preparing general correspondence.
- Participate in special projects and initiatives, and take on other duties.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- You are currently enrolled in a post-secondary program, preferably in Real Estate, Business or Commerce.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate across all levels within and outside First Capital.
- You have outstanding organizational capabilities with the ability to prioritize.
- You are a self-starter with willingness to learn dynamic environment.
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
Our Summer Internships are 4-month paid terms starting in May 2023 and ending in August 2023. Please note that our application deadline is February 10, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Select candidates will be invited to an interview with our team. Interviews will be conducted throughout February and March, and final hiring decisions will made by early April.
Our people are what makes us different. At First Capital we are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion within our organization, therefore, we encourage all qualified persons from all backgrounds to apply. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. To discuss any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.