Learning Program Specialist
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Training and Development Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 166143
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Learning Program Specialist is responsible for supporting the development and execution of learning programs. This role supports the implementation of learning solutions, acting as a central hub to ensure alignment between COE and HR Services. This role ensures all activities are in compliance with governing regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
What you will do in this role:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Manages the implementation of low to medium complexity and small scale learning programs or supports Program manager on larger, more complex programs, using project management principles.
- Manages day-to-day interactions with external vendors and collaborates with the Learning Relationship Manager to ensure currency and relevancy of training industry trends and best practices, leverages knowledge to implement solutions to improve/enhance strategies, programs and processes.
- Monitors and tracks completion of deliverables by creating effective project plans, removing obstacles for the project team, mitigating arising issues, generating project status reports.
- Collaborates with respective Communication teams in managing learning program communication
- Collaborates with HR Operations to gather course evaluations and assess the effectiveness of learning solutions, identifies improvement/enhancement opportunities
- Analyzes leading trends and best practices on learning program development/management to identify improvement/enhancement opportunities, provides insights to Sr. Manager, Learning Program Management
- Provides expertise on matters related to managing the implementation of learning programs
We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Post-secondary Degree in Human Resources or Business or related field
- Previous experience in designing and developing learning solutions
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Bank policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of Organizational structure and internal dynamics
- Understanding of global Learning programs, policies, processes, and operations
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a fast paced environment
- Strong project management skills and ability deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Spanish and/or French language skills are an asset
This is a temporary full time role for 12 months.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.