Learning Program Manager (1 Year Contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Training and Development Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 158864
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Program Manager is responsible for leading the delivery and implementation of Learning projects and programs with partnership with the Learning Center of Expertise (COE) and with collaboration with the business lines, internal functional teams and external vendors. The role ensures that projects are executed and delivered according to the scope, timeline and objectives outlined by the business line and the Learning COE and in accordance with bank’s policies and procedures.
What you will be doing in this role:
- Ensures project objectives, scope and deliverables are clearly identified at project initiation.
- Develops project plans following standard templates and procedures to ensure project is delivered according to plan.
- Conducts project kick-off, status meetings and other ad-hoc project meetings.
- Develops and maintains project RAID logs to ensure risks, issues, decisions and actions are identified and followed-up on to avoid impact to successul delivery of projects.
- Creates and distributes regular project status reports to stakeholders.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen relationships with all partners, stakehoders and project team members.
- Consistently develops knowledge and understanding of the bank’s learning platforms and technologies to effectively manage project deliverables and timelines.
- Accountable for the implementation of complex learning programs, provides input on learning program design, communications and evaluation plan, and holds intake sessions to determine execution plans.
- Maintains strong relationships with external vendors and facilitates meetings and discussions to ensure alignment across internal and external teams.
- Acts as a central point of contact for all project related communication and works closely with the Learning COE to address and remove obstacles.
- Provides leadership and guidance to learning program implementation teams, ensuring alignment with established guidelines and standards.
We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Post-secondary Degree in Human Resources or Business or related field
- Strong project management skills with a minimum of 3 years of experience in project management preferably in learning and development
- PMP or other Project Management designation
- Experience working with project management tools such as Microsoft Project
- Certification in adult education is an asset
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Bank policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of organizational structure and internal dynamics
- Strong understanding of global learning programs, policies, processes, and operations
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Leads the implementation of complex learning programs
- Aligns learning programs with learning strategy and objectives
- Work impacts employees globally
- Multiple, complex and high visibility projects
- Strong collaboration across bank areas
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.