Learning and Development Designer
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Human Resources
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
Home Hardware has an exciting opportunity for a Learning and Development Designer to join our Human Resources team. Reporting to the Learning and Development Manager, you will apply advanced adult learning theories into a practical, application-based training strategy. In collaboration with Team Members, you will develop highly engaging and interactive training using learning best practices and a blended learning approach strategy, which includes in-person (ILT), virtual (VLT), and self-paced (eLearning).
If you have a strong understanding of adult learning principles, excellent communication skills, a strong background in e-learning development and design, and enjoy creating innovative approaches to learning in a fast paced environment, we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze, design, and develop engaging learning programs following the ADDIE and Design Thinking model in a variety of delivery mediums using a blended learning approach. For example, in-person, virtual, self-paced e-Learning, micro-learning, and video.
- Design and develop courses that align with Home Hardware’s objectives for all levels and roles within the organization (i.e. national leadership, systems, and soft skills).
- Collaborate with Team Members and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to develop training outlines and materials including workbooks, facilitator guides, and job aids.
- Create engaging interactive multi-media learning content including e-Learning modules, videos, graphics, info-graphics, and animation using a variety of tools.
- Build standard learning templates, processes, and best practices (Centre of Excellence) to support business training functions.
- Acquire and apply new industry best practices relating to learning solutions, participant experience, and learning technology.
What we’re looking for:
- College or University degree in Learning and Development, Adult Education, Instructional Design, or Educational Technology, with 5-10 years Instructional Design experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with learning needs assessments, instructional design of learning programs for all levels of the organization (including leadership development), and instructional development of learning tools (training plans, presentations, facilitator guides, storyboards for e-learning, job aids, and evaluations).
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles and proven experience in designing and developing large-scale initiatives in a corporate and field environment.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Storyline Articulate 360, Microsoft Teams, Camtasia, and Rise. Experience using Canva or HTML would be considered a strong asset.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexity while under time constraints.
- High degree of initiative, self-organization, and self-management skills needed, to work with minimal direction while effectively responding to emerging issues.
- An innovative approach to learning that suits a modern, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, along with a strong attention to detail.
- Aptitude for continuous learning, adapting to shifting priorities, and navigating ambiguous situations.
- CHRL designation would be considered an asset.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.