Lead Training Specialist – ILI Engineering
City : Calgary
Category : Full time Engineering/Technology
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Are you interested in building and training Engineering Team?
Are you a Training Professional looking for a new opportunity?
The Training Specialist – ILI Engineering is responsible for leading the engineering learning a development activities for the engineering function. The candidate will organize training design, planning and execution with efficiency, quality, and timeliness across the global ILI engineering team.
Responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities
- To identify learning and development needs and develop curriculum for engineers, scientists and developers
- Build training resources either by curating, creating or facilitating the creation of content, including liaison with internal and external SMEs
- To deliver and support the delivery of training courses including the logistics of in-person and virtual classes
- Administration of the training function including maintaining the processes and tools, as well organisation & record keeping relating to training activities
- Define and publish the metrics on training and development
- To collect feedback on delivered training, to implement improvement to either the process or the training content/material
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Strong educational background in Engineering, Science, or relevant STEM discipline
- Experience in training design and delivery
- Experience in an engineering/technology working environment
- Strong skills in MS Office and Web Application interfaces with demonstrable experience of building training content in MS Powerpoint and/or other digital tools
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organization skills, and attention to detail
- A self starter with passion, drive and energy who will deliver tasks & projects on time
- Experienced in influencing and gaining solutions across global teams in a cross-functional / matrix environment
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Science, or relevant STEM discipline
- Experience in Continuous Improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, 6 Sigma, SMED
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input.
Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.