Lead Technology Business Analyst
City : HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Join the Reconciliations IT Technology team as we continuously deliver new products to modernize operational business processes by delivering enterprise grade solutions. We are seeking a talented and adaptable Senior Technology BA to maintain an existing portfolio of applications and deliver new business capabilities to our Recs-IT in Capital Markets.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provide in-depth analysis services and suggest strategies to key partners and stakeholders. Review business processes to help diagnose the business financial, operational and technological risks.
- Collect and analyze the project's business requirements and transfer the same knowledge to the development team.
- Meet with business and technology leads to understand objectives and map out technical and testing requirements based on Strategic roadmaps.
- Lead requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- The candidate must be process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment. Perform industry research to clarify, define, or satisfy technology or business process issues
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions. Facilitate requirements prioritization based on business value.
- Manage the design, development of functional specifications, testing specifications, data analysis, and execution.
- Meet with business and technology leads to understand objectives and map out testing requirements while strategizing and providing vision and oversight for automation product management and ownership.
- Facilitate technical analysisspecifications of requirements from Business and help maintain the content in JIRAs as well as write effective Confluence knowledge articles for multiple teams supporting the application platforms.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- 7 years of minimum experience in business system analysis with a strong understanding of Capital Markets products & trade lifecycle.
- Previous industry experience working in reconciliation and exposure to FOBO, CASH or Nostro / Trade / Position reconciliations.
- Experience with data control technology platforms (iMatch, Xceptor, etc.).
- Coordinate with and deliver on reconciliation and data control requirements for RBC/RBCCM led major projects and initiatives.
- Experience with relational database programming (e.g. Sybase, SQL Server).
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills. Ability to determine the information and communication needs of the stakeholders and project.
- Deadline-driven and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Led analysis for industry and firm wide projects, such as T+1 Accelerated Settlement.
- Experience using OOP languages like Java/Python to design and architect test automation frameworks.
- Experience working in an Agile-based project delivery framework.
- Ability to facilitate between and influence key decision makers.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.