Lead Supervisor, Warehouse- Overnight
City : Brampton, ON
Category : Warehouse Operations
Industry : Food and Beverage Production
Employer : Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love. We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
About This Opportunity
As Lead Supervisor, you will report to the Distribution Manager and be based out of Brampton. The Brampton Distribution Centre delivers 33 million standard physical cases per annum, operating 24 hours a day 7 days a week to service customers in the GTHA.
The Lead Supervisor is responsible for leading and managing the work of supervisors & hourly employees in a unionized environment, to achieve required productivity, customer service, safety, and budget objectives. To succeed in this position, the Lead Supervisor must be capable of planning the workload, coaching, mentoring and motivating their team, and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 10 PM to 6 AM. Flexibility to work other shifts required.
- Lead Driver Payroll & Workbench & contingent coverage
- Lead Distribution Budget & Purchasing Accountability & Decision Making (Uniforms, Supplies, Rental, Fuel) Total Budget
- Lead Distribution Performance Reporting
- Leads any new future state business projects
- Lead direct & indirect employees and oversee day to day operations
- Ensure adequate resourcing plans are in place to deliver the plan and service customers
- Coach your team to deliver sustainable performance improvement across all Key Performance Indicators
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement through root cause analysis & performance improvement plans across key performance indicators
- Support Distribution supervisors in the ensuring all employees are managed in line with Collective Bargaining Agreement and all company policies
- Partner with Sales, HR, Warehouse, Fleet, Production, IPT, and Central Planning ensuring all external and internal customers are effectively serviced
- Manage and delegate Distribution projects as required
- Ensure shift handovers and the transfer of information is effective between departments and teams
- Lead and manage all programs associated with OTIF and driver performance pack
- Undertake supervisor tasks where required, including: Route Selection, Driver Performance Coaching, Accident Investigation etc.
- Minimum 5-8 years related leadership experience operating in a warehouse, distribution, manufacturing or supply chain environment.
- Proven track record of leading teams in excess of 150 associates.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as Operations management.
- Unionized experience preferred.
- Experience of leading change and the application of continuous improvement processes in the workplace to deliver performance improvements.
- Experience of ISO, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Knowledge of WHMIS, WSIB, ESA and OHSA legislation.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization, its executive team and customers.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Experience of partnering with a union and skilled in dispute resolution.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel).
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. In addition, all new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide Coke Canada with proof of vaccination. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regard to any of the foregoing once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.
For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada.com