Lead Software Engineer, Operations
City : North York
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
As a Software Engineer and a member of the Application Operations & Service and Quality Engineering - ‘Customer Relationship Management and Business Process Management’ (AOSQE CRM & BPM) Production Support Team you will have an opportunity to utilize your knowledge of technology and processes, products, people, and quality concepts.
The desirable candidate should be able to work and communicate directly with business partners in ‘business terms’ with minimal supervision; will show initiative and be accepting of responsibility/accountable for results.
What will you do?
- Support the Salesforce.com platform and the back-end administration applications used to support its functionality.
- Provide critical day-to-day technical and process support for the Salesforce.com platform to our business partners
- Partner with business and technical areas to ensure the technology and process solutions delivered/supported meet the needs of our business partners
- Support a variety of Sun Life Business units with their client interactions and automation applications
- Accountable for the ongoing support of application systems in production including problem analysis, resolution, escalation, and reporting as necessary.
- Reviews and analyzes issues independently.
- Help and work with the agile delivery team and technical support partners to understand the issues raised by Business teams.
- Work with vendors to provide solutions, solve problems, maintain stability of the environment.
- Documenting business issues and the specific solutions provided.
- Defines and ensures requirements for transition to support: data, workflow, logical processes, interface design, internal and external checks, controls, inputs and outputs.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with stakeholders externally and internally
- Strong ability to articulate solutions to clients/team
- Self-directed and proactive; thinks beyond the immediate problem
- Passion for Continuous Improvement
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, on the job and on-call
- 3 - 5 years of progressive information technology experience with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience
- Customer and results focused
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) - ability to express ideas, thoughts and information succinctly so that it can be understood by various audiences and meets the customers' needs
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in Service Management processes including incident and change management.
- Understanding of Information Security Policies
- Knowledge of source code management
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adaptable to changing priorities
- Excellent knowledge of agile software development life cycle methodology
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundations
- Knowledge of performance and monitoring tools including (but not limited to) Broadcom DX suite and Splunk
- This role requires Canadian Enhanced Reliability Security clearance [a minimum of 5 years of consecutive residency in Canada].
- Experience or understanding of object oriented programming languages
- Understanding of Salesforce data models such as Sales Cloud, Financial Services Cloud and Experience Cloud
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce data imports and exports using Data Loader
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce Administration
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and deployments
- Knowledge of Omni Studio
- Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries
Notes / Unique Requirements:
- On Call support for production environments
- Periodic weekend/after-hours work in support of project implementations
- Occasional travel between facilities be required depending on work assignments
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:80,000/80 000 - 130,400/130 400
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:21/09/2023