Lead QA Automation Engineer
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Quality Assurance Programmers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175109
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are looking for a Lead QA Automation Engineer to join our team of IT professionals. In this role, you will be suggesting ideas for automated software test procedures. Besides, you will be highlighting problem areas and tracking bugs that hinder software installation.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be liaising with the Developers and Project Managers to identify and test key features of software programs. Apart from testing, you should be able to develop well-planned and structured test plans/cases.
You will be investigating the causes of non-conforming software programs. You should be detail-oriented and possess excellent troubleshooting abilities. If you have a strong technical background and can streamline all testing activities, then we would love to have you on board.
What will you do?
- Planning and prioritizing testing activities
- Coordinating with the design team to discuss verification protocols
- Helping identify weaknesses and problem areas in the software application
- Suggesting automated software test procedures
- Tracking software bugs and investigating the causes
- Pointing out problem areas
- Preparing automation scripts
- Communicating with the QA Engineer to implement software applications
- Troubleshooting automation software issues
- Coordinating with the System Analyst to finalize system procedures
- Creating test plans and cases
- Preparing detailed test reports
- Prioritizing and executing tests
- Reviewing technical specifications and design documents
- Conducting regression testing when needed
- Monitoring assurance metrics and process results
- Manual Testing required by request
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related
- Previous work experience as a QA Engineer, QA Tester, or relevant position in the IT department
- Complete understanding of automation systems and databases
- Experience developing automation in at least one OO language - Java, Python, or web-based technologies
- Basic knowledge of scripting in at least one – Groovy, Bash, Ruby and Perl
- Expertise in automation testing tools like Selenium, Robot framework, Karate and Cucumber
- Experience in testing REST Services
- Experience with Docker and Jenkins
- Good understanding on build tools like Maven, Gradle and Ant
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Understanding of testing protocols
- Know-how of different types of testing methods like white box and black box testing
- Familiarity with the software development process
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to manage project deadlines
- Good time management and organizational skills
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
Work conditions: In-Office/Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.