Lead Platform and DevOps Engineer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
RBC is seeking a Lead Platform and DevOps Engineer to join US Cash Management(USCM) Technology team. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining robust platforms and infrastructure to support our cash management solutions.
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about what we’re doing. As a member of the USCM Platform and DevOps team you will be working with members of the Development,Cloud and DevOps programs including; DevOps Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, Platform Engineers, Cloud Architects, and Cloud Security Professionals, through your contributions.
What will you do?
- Build a scalable platform using best practices around automation, pushing changes that improve reliability of the platform.
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of orchestration engine Camunda, core banking, payments, and data platforms on the Azure public cloud.
- Work with the team to implement secure, highly available and scalable architectures for USCM Apps on RBC Public Cloud.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code using Terraform, ARM templates, and Kubernetes for efficient deployment and scaling of cloud resources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define cloud architecture best practices and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Manage CI/CD pipelines and automation workflows to streamline software delivery and infrastructure management processes using existing tools and established tech stack.
- Implement monitoring, alerting, and logging solutions to ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of cloud-based services.
- Continuously optimize cloud infrastructure and application performance to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Create reusable patterns abstracting common technology or integration challenges.
- Deploy new automation incrementally and iteratively to get near real-time feedback from our stakeholders.
- Lead sustainable incident response, blameless post-mortems, and production improvements.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers, fostering a culture of learning and innovation within the team.
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission-critical services, building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions
- Create and review technical design documents, understand how the design will be used in the code development process, and facilitate meetings to design, troubleshoot, and execute projects.
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in cloud computing and DevOps.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in implementing and managing projects on the Azure public cloud.
- Advanced coding experience in Golang, Java and/or Python
- Strong expertise in infrastructure as code tools like Terraform and ARM templates
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues in a cloud environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Azure certifications (e.g., Azure Solutions Architect, Azure DevOps Engineer) are a plus.
Note: This role offers an exciting opportunity to lead the implementation and optimization of cloud-based platforms while leveraging cutting-edge technologies and best practices in DevOps and Cloud computing.
Job SkillsAgile Methodology, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Cloud Architectures, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Security, DevOps, Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure, Jenkins Continuous Integration, Linux, Microsoft Azure, Programming Languages, Public Clouds, Python (Programming Language), Software Change Request Management, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Engineering, Software Integration Engineering, Software Product Design, Software Product Technical Knowledge, Software Release Management, System Testing Tools
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.