City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The Lead Pharmacist will report to the Sr Manager, Specialty Pharmacy and will lead end to end pharmacy dispensing and patient care activities for the Specialty Health Network pharmacy. The Lead Pharmacist will be accountable for ensuring compliant and efficient workflows to deliver industry leading care to Specialty Patients.
- Build positive team culture, team engagement, maintain open communication with teams and manage succession planning
- Direct leadership of pharmacists, registered technicians, pharmacy assistants as well as key specialty pharmacy roles within the pharmacy team
- Deliver on KPI’s through continuous quality improvement
- Oversee all elements of the dispensing and patient care services pharmacy sites to ensure regulatory compliance, effective documentation, and optimal customer experience
- Ensure Required Operating Procedures (ROPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) requirements are incorporated into daily procedures and correctly followed by staff in the execution of all duties
- Collaborate to design and implement policies and procedures for new products, programs and services
- Work closely with Program Managers and other SDMSHN colleagues to ensure that patient and manufacturer expectations are consistently met or exceeded
- Support clinical trial initiatives
- Recruit and train top talent in pharmacy
- Develop Individual Development Plans for all team members
- Oversee a professional development plan for specialty pharamcy staff
What you will need:
- Licensed Ontario Pharmacist-Part A
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience in pharmacy
- Experience with organizational change management
- Previous sterile (hazardous and non-hazardous) compounding experience an asset
- Experience and/or knowledge of specialty pharmacy or centralized pharmacy operations an asset
- Proficient in MsOffice applications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership qualities
- High energy with positive attitude
- Flexible and adaptable to changes of responsibility reflective of the business needs
*This role is an on-site at 1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.