Lead Mechanical Equipment Engineer
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion, and allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
We are currently seeking an intermediate to senior level Lead Mechanical Equipment Engineer with 7 to 15 years of overall experience in oil and gas projects or related industries to join our team in our Calgary, Alberta office. This position has excellent growth opportunity, assisting the successful candidate to further develop their career with the support of other engineers, technical experts, and lead mechanical engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of mechanical engineers and designers in execution of assigned projects, overseeing all discipline activities from project initiation and kickoff through project close-out.
• Development and execution of the project baseline including Scope of Facilities, Scope of Services, and deliverables for the project.
• Implement project procedures and onboarding the discipline team at project initiation.
• Implement quality system activities on projects, participate in project audits, and ensure overall quality for discipline work and deliverables.
• Administer the discipline budget, schedule, and progress reporting through the project life cycle.
• Coordinate change management activities related to discipline work scope.
• Attend project meetings representing the mechanical discipline.
• Conduct discipline meetings to communicate project requirements to the team.
• Facilitate communications between the client, project management, other disciplines, and the mechanical discipline team on projects.
• Coordinate the work, review, and approve discipline deliverables throughout the project life cycle.
• Coordinate the disciplines involvement in P&ID reviews, HAZOP activities, 3D Model reviews, and other design reviews through the project life cycle.
• Coordinate and oversee discipline procurement related activities including development of bidder lists, procurement strategies, development of technical requisitions, technical bid evaluations, supplier meetings, and other procurement related activities.
• Coordinate and oversee discipline shop inspection related activities.
• Coordinate with department management on project staffing requirements and issues.
• Function as discipline technical authority when required in areas of technical expertise.
• Coordinate discipline close-out activities at project completion.
• Provide general supervision and coaching to the discipline team on projects.
• Provide direct supervision and oversight of technical personnel in other Fluor offices executing portions of the project work.
• Support department management in preparation of estimates and proposals for new projects when requested.