Lead java Developer
City : Montreal
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
Are you interested in optimizing and aligning solutions?
Are you also interested in influencing the Bank's strategic orientations and decisions?
Come join a team whose mission is to develop APIs according to the highest industry standards and align the sector's various solutions with the business vision and architecture principles.
We work in Agile mode and advocate DevSecOps and software engineering best practices (SOLID, BDD, TDD, CleanCode, etc.)
As a Technical Lead, you'll guide the development of major IT projects and mandates that require high-level experience and expertise and have a significant impact on the Bank's profitability and efficiency. You'll act as a leader in your field of expertise, align the sector's various project solutions, and make recommendations for technological architecture. Your role will be to influence and support the architects in achieving the Bank's strategic objectives by reviewing and providing technical support to optimize the quality of services and operations.
- Validate and deliver technology solutions that meet business needs and align with business orientations and roadmaps
- Work with the architects to define, validate, and help provide solutions to satisfy non-functional requirements
- Act as a technological integrator for the sector's various solutions and make sure they're implemented according to the planned architecture
- Support the architecture team in delivering target and transition solutions
- Follow up on technological issues and propose mitigation measures
- Be the technical leader for an agile squad of 6 to 8 people
The team works 100% remotely, with some in-person meetings to develop partnership within the team. We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
The ideal candidate has:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in a related area of activity and 10 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in system integration (8 years)
- Experience working with integration technologies (microservices, REST API, MQ), required
- Experience working with containers such as Docker and Kubernetes, required
- Experience with systems security (OpenID, OAuth, SAML, JWT), required
- Experience working with cloud solutions: AWS is a major asset
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?