Lead Java API Developer
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Numérique
Industry : Technologies de l'information
Employer : Cognizant
Lead Java API Developer
At Cognizant, our global community sets us apart—an energetic, collaborative, and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. And with projects at the forefront of innovation, you can build a varied, rewarding career and draw inspiration from dedicated colleagues and leaders. Cognizant is right where you belong.
What you’ll do
- Led and developed a team of software developers, providing guidance, support, and mentorship to ensure successful project delivery. Adaptable to changing assignments and product outcomes. Process and prioritization.
- Directs work of self through goal setting, time management, and planning
- Meets deadlines for work through the use of time management.
- Identifies prioritization conflicts and works with PMs, Program Managers, Senior Software Developers, and leaders to resolve them.
- Leverages practices to manage and simplify work and use resources effectively. Attention to Detail
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of work to maximize quality, build credibility, and avoid re-work.
- Passionate about technology and the user experience, demonstrates inner self-starter, and is accepting of and open to learning new ideas outside the scope of knowledge
What you bring to the role
- Extensive hands-on experience in software development with a minimum of 9 years of proven experience.
- Proficiency in Java API development and working knowledge of AWS services.
- Configures and integrates software components and third-party software products, tools, and solutions.
- Facilitates and actively participates in meetings, walkthroughs, and reviews of software development deliverables.
- Delivers fixes and improvements to existing software products, maintains environments and versions, adheres to standards and compiles versions.
- Ensures technical responsibility over assigned software products and codebases 2. Problem Solving & Analysis
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Analyzes current software products, Produces, or contributes to the design documentation and technical specifications for development.
- Applies software engineering patterns to identify and troubleshoot problems, requiring analysis and exploration of options, recommending solutions, or preparing discussion for escalation.
- Conduct system support and change management activities.
- Conduct impact analysis to support proactive identification of actions to minimize production system interruptions.
- Ability to understand data designs, standards, and specifications.
- Takes accountability for own and towards team deliverables.
- Trains and collaborates with other developers on how to write effective code and solve problems.
- Partners with product teams and architects to develop technical requirements and engineering/non-functional specifications.
- Resolve client issues as they arise.
What we offer
- The chance to work with impact. Here, you’re empowered to bring your most considerable thinking to help our company and clients improve everyday life.
- Ownership over your career. Stay at the top of your game through our award-winning learning and development ecosystem. And when your ambitions change or we offer new opportunities, we help you pivot by providing reskilling, on-the-job learning, and guidance to find new roles that might be a better fit.
- The opportunity to thrive on a high caliber team with heart. We celebrate each other’s experiences and perspectives and promote a sense of belonging through our affinity groups and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including a competitive salary and pension plan with matching contributions.
- Flexible health and financial benefits to support you and your eligible dependents—from day one.
- True work-life balance. Be your best through paid time off, flexible work arrangements, volunteering opportunities, social events, and much more.
Hybrid work is the way forward as we strive to provide flexibility wherever possible. Based on this role’s business requirements, this hybrid position requires two days a week in a client or Cognizant office in Toronto, ON. Regardless of your working arrangement, we support a healthy work-life balance through our various well-being programs.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other employment benefits and privileges. Please get in touch with us to request accommodation at email@example.com.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jan 31 2024
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.