Lead Integration Developer – Accounts & Liquidity
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
RBC Royal Bank is seeking a core banking expert for our US Cash Management Technology. This is a green field project to build a brand-new system to serve our corporate clients. You will be heavily involved in shaping the future technology landscape of RBC, by delivering key business values for a transformational project in our Banking Technology while implementing strategic components servicing across all RBC functions defined in our roadmap
What is the opportunity?
RBC is seeking a Lead Integration Developer for our US Cash Management Technology. This is a green field project to build a brand-new system to serve our corporate clients. You will be heavily involved in shaping the future technology landscape of RBC, by delivering key business values for a transformational project in our Banking Technology while implementing strategic components servicing across all functions defined in our roadmap.
The Lead Developer will be responsible for leading the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems. You will accomplish this with teamwork and collaborate with solution architects, business analysts, other developers and the vendor teams to ensure solutions are aligned to business and technology strategy. With a can-do mind set, you will need to be an expert level organizer to resolve technology problems in a structured and systematic manner. You are not afraid of challenging the team on technical details and be able to think functionally.
What will you do?
- Senior Lead Developer with strong programming skills responsible for design and development of real-time Integration solutions using Red hat Fuse, Apache Camel, Spring boot and OpenShift technologies.
- Lead scoping and design sessions across cross-functional and cross regional teams
- Analyze, define and document system architecture and design for business processes, data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls.
- Ensure design of the integrated environment is capable of reaching maximum levels of availability, efficiency, scalability and security.
- Provide input into and lead the technical infrastructure design.
What do you need to succeed?
- 6-10 years of experience in software development with a focus on messaging, integration and micro-services solutions.
- Experience in Core Java and J2EE technologies like, JMS, JSP, Servlets, spring, XML, XSD, XSLT, and XPATH.
- Experience on Messaging layer like TIBCO EMS, IBM MQ, JMS, Kafka.
- Experience in working with platforms based on Cloud Computing and Public Cloud Platforms preferably Azure products.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and devops principles.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with proven ability to work accurately and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge of agile development
- Strong communication skills - Ability to influence and negotiate with senior leaders across Tech, Ops, and Business functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary.
Nice to have
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in Core Banking, Deposits, Payments and/or Cash Management domains (DDA, Payments, Funds Transfer, SWIFT /Messaging, Trade Services
- Advanced knowledge of change management and business unit functions and how business units relate to each other.
- Starter to be comfortable with a fast-moving environment and navigate through the ambiguities
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.