City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Lead Estimator is responsible for the overall implementation and direction of the estimating functions to provide services, procedures and methods for the timely and accurate issuance of estimates and supporting documentation to project management. The Lead Estimator is responsible for ensuring that departmental and company requirements are met in the development, review and finalization of estimates.
The Lead Estimator may direct the quantitative development of material, labor, and subcontract take-offs, as well as the coordination of information between Engineering, Procurement, Contracts, Construction, and Commissioning. The individual may act independently or may direct a staff of other estimating professionals.
The successful candidate will maintain a current understanding of estimating techniques by researching new publications that impact the industry and maintaining expertise through the numerous opportunities provided by professional organizations, software vendors and other estimating specialists within the engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM) industry.
Day to Day responsibilities include:
• Develop the Estimate Execution Plan and coordinate estimate development with the project team
• Lead the development of the total project cost estimate (detailed and/or conceptual)
• Prepare the total Project Basis of Estimate
• Prepare the Estimate Risk Analysis and make cost contingency recommendations
• Arrange and conduct department, discipline, business line and business group and project estimate reviews
• Participate in the presentation of the estimate to Fluor and client management
• Assist in estimate completion activities and estimate turnover to the project team
• Develop and conduct estimating training programs
Other responsibilities include:
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards and adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters