Lead Engineer- Service Engineering
City : Remote
Category : Full time Engineering/Technology
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Are you an experienced Service Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Would you like the opportunity to further develop your career with a global energy technology company?
Join our Service Engineering Team!
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear. We take energy forward making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Our IET team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
The Service Engineer is committed to follow the monitored equipment for Global LNG plants (rotating machinery, electrical equipment and relevant auxiliaries). Focused on data analysis, will act as customer entry point for troubleshooting and fleet KPI assessment both at site and from remote iCenter.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as lead Service engineer for focal point LNG plants, closely tracking and managing technical issues to resolution, coordinating and communicating with customer representatives and maintaining alignment between site and iCenters
- Overseeing the monitoring of the M&D fleet composed of aeroderivative and heavy-duty gas turbines, steam turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, VSDS, electric motors, gearboxes, auxiliaries and balance of plant
- Analyzing data and alerts generated by M&D analytics platform
- Troubleshooting technical issues on monitored fleet and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Preparing and reviewing of technical documentation such as trip root cause analyses, anomaly notifications and monthly reports
- Navigating and interpreting site-specific control software and engineering documents to support technical analyses
- Supporting the development and deployment of diagnostic systems in terms of hardware, software, data acquisition and analytics
- Working in cooperation with Engineering teams, Project Management and electrical vendors to carry out root cause analyses, support customers and expedite issue resolution
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's in Engineering from an accredited college or university and 5+ years of technical experience on rotating machinery and electrical equipment including Variable Speed Drive Systems (VSDS) and relevant auxiliaries
- Be familiar with GE and Baker Hughes turbomachinery products
- Be able to work weekends and holidays on rotational basis (flexible compensation time received for weekend / holiday shifts)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working hybrid hours onsite in Calgary, CA - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Education Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Mental Health resources
- Dependent Care
- Additional elected or voluntary benefit
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.